The Analytical & Data Services business delivers a variety of services across the P&C industry value chain, from data cleansing to high-end risk modeling. We seek to develop long-term client partnerships that create value by combining domain expertise and efficiency benefits through a flexible and responsive global delivery model.
Objective of the Consultant:
To support the development of managed analytical services aligned with the new RMS risk management platform, and coordinate with a global team to implement and manage these services for multiple clients.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Demonstrate deep understanding of industry issues and structure complete solutions that fit client workflows
- Understand how catastrophe risk management fits into the client workflow and the decision process around pricing and risk selection
- Assist in the ideation and prioritization of new services or service enhancements for the integrated ADS team
- Creation and delivery of client presentations
- Conduct analytical and consulting work to assess the risk of financial loss due to natural and man-made catastrophes for private client placements. Form conclusions from this analysis and understand their business implications
- Interact with clients to define their business requirements and liaise with RMS off-shore analytical resources to support our suite of adoption services, complex analytical service projects or managed service agreements
- BS+5 years experience, MS+3 years experience or PhD degree, preferably in business, economics, engineering, finance, mathematics, or science.
- Experience in consulting, analytical services or catastrophe modeling, ideally for insurance, banking, or capital markets, with a proven track record of structuring and solving business problems
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
- Proficient project manager – setting timelines, managing client expectations, and creating contingency plans
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a global, matrix environment, across multiple time zones and cultures
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: database query language, application development, business intelligence tools or ETL tools.
- Experience in P&C insurance, with an understanding of the working principles of catastrophe risk management & models
- Experience using RMS, AIR, or EQE catastrophe models
- Knowledge of how Solvency II / FSA / Rating agencies influence companies and RMS's role in these relationships
There’s a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large. At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market and we’re looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more visit: www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RMS - 11 months ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...