We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Reward Consultant in Hay Group’s Atlanta office supporting the Total Rewards practice.
You will be accountable for developing and maintaining client relationships and applying your knowledge of compensation design and implementation to deliver practical, implementable solutions for our clients. In your role, you will work across the Southeast region with support from our National Total Rewards practice to grow our client portfolio.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
Consulting and Project Management
- Participate in identifying, planning and execution of business development strategies for the Southeast region including participating in regional associations and events.
- Lead the development of proposals and sales efforts including project scoping, methodology and project approach, budget and project timeline.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients to identify current issues and anticipate future needs and pursue new or expanded work with current clients
- Develop presentations, white papers, and/or webinars to present concepts to clients, interested associations and colleagues
- Define project outcomes, project plans, staffing requirements, and budgets
- Lead consulting assignments or participate as a work-stream leader on large/complex projects requiring multiple team members
- Assess client needs, develop materials to lead client design meetings, facilitate meetings, design and implement solutions, and identify opportunities for other Hay Group lines of service
- Ensure client deliverables meet or exceed client expectations including work quality and timeliness
- Manage project budgets and invoicing
- Provide input to staffing needs, participate in recruitment and serve a key role in on-boarding of new team members
- Share subject matter expertise on technical compensation topics, business development techniques, and/or project management skills with colleagues
Preferred Education/ Certifications/ Work Experience
- Proven business development and revenue generation abilities in a management consulting firm.
- Experience analyzing business issues and identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex compensation challenges.
- Core projects to include design and implementation of base pay programs (job evaluation/market pricing), annual incentive benchmarking and design (broad-based, sales compensation, project-based, etc.), long-term incentive benchmarking and design, and global reward programs.
- Strong project management, organizational and technical skills.
- Skill set of a seasoned professional who is detail oriented, well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication/presentation skills and an advanced ability to develop long-term relationships
- Exceptional conceptual thinking skills to relay complex ideas into simple, understandable explanations.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Ideal candidate will have at least 7-10 years of consulting experience with increasing levels of responsibility (including 2-3 years of business development experience).
- CCP or other certification preferred
- Ability to travel and work at client locations (up to 50%)
Hay Group - 5 months ago