Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. Hay Group has an opportunity for a seasoned Consultant focused in our Reward practice in our New York Metro office, located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential. We have over 2,600 employees in 85 offices in 48 countries. We strive to hire top talent in our markets.
Hay Group Consultants are solid relationship managers with a proven track record and passion for business development. Consultants must have strong knowledge of the management consulting industry, a solid understanding of Rewards and the ability to work collaboratively and at a conceptual level. A demonstrated ability to work in the abstract and "connect the dots" is key to success in this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a hands-on project manager for medium to large scale reward consulting projects in terms of people, budget and work plan to ensure a cohesive effort and satisfied clients. Providing strategic guidance, tactical applications and implementation to clients in all areas of reward consulting.
- Leverage one’s own expertise and in-depth knowledge of the reward practice area to best advantage in the design and execution of project work.
- Development of one’s own skills and those of more junior associates through managing, mentoring and teaching to ensure continuous enhancement of technical expertise, project management and consultation skills.
- Develops business and maintains strong client relationships at mid to senior level of a clients' organization. Participates and leads others in direct marketing activities, responses to prospect inquiries, seminars, referrals, etc. Contributes to sales and marketing results.
- Typical projects include:
- Job measurement and classification schemes
- Base salary, pay mix and total remuneration programs.
- Design of incentive compensation plans, annual and long-term (though not necessarily Exec Comp at the Board level)
- Sales force effectiveness and incentive plan design.
- Market pricing activities and preparing compensation conclusions and recommendations.
- Performance management design and implementation
- Reward program implementation and communications.
- Proxy and financial analysis activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Additional formal education (MBA, MS) is preferred. Area of focus in Economics, Finance, Human Resources or other applicable major.
- Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years consulting and/or relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility, identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex compensation challenges.
- Candidate must also have a track record of business development and revenue generation, working for a management consulting firm. Exceptional communication/presentation skills with track record as a solid client relationship manager.
- Must have solid, practical, working knowledge of the reward practice area including knowledge of the design and implementation of total remuneration components such as base pay, short and long-term incentives, and to a lesser degree benefits and perquisites. Intimate understanding of how the culture of an organization will impact the strategy and philosophy behind compensation program design and implementation as well as an awareness of the interrelationship and impact of reward practices relative to other HR programs.
- Strong project management, organizational and technical skills.
- High degree of self-confidence as a proven performer.
- Focus on client needs by proactively making concrete attempts to add value for the client.
- Strong work ethic and a personal commitment to excellence.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with the desire to aggressively seek new challenges.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Hay Group is a global consulting firm that works with leaders to turn strategies into reality, with 88 offices in 47 countries. It helps...