Join a global research advisory leader!
The Boston Globe has ranked Forrester Research as one of the "Top 100 Places to Work," and, in 2012, for the 15th consecutive year, Forrester was ranked in its "Best of Massachusetts Businesses." Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents. Forrester works with professionals in 17 key roles within IT, marketing and strategy, and tech industry at major companies providing proprietary research, consumer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs.
Marketing and strategy leaders worldwide, from CMOs to Interactive Marketing Professionals, rely on Forrester for comprehensive, independent analysis that aligns with their organizations' initiatives, guides their decisions, and increases their business impact to make them more successful every day.
Job Title: Consultant, Serving eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Cambridge, MA; San Francisco, CA; London, UK
The Consultant scopes and delivers research-based consulting projects based on our published research for eBusiness and channel strategy clients. The Consultant has three major responsibilities: 1) contributes to the creation of high-quality research-based consulting deliverables such as business cases, maturity assessments, strategic road maps, vendor selections, or performance metrics reviews; 2) develops repeatable consulting offerings based on our published methodologies; and 3) contributes to efforts to drive awareness of our research-based consulting capabilities among eBusiness and channel strategy prospects and clients.
Ideal candidates have experience in either digital banking or retail eCommerce, which allows them to understand the challenges faced by our eBusiness and channel strategy clients. He or she must be detail-oriented and have extremely strong project management skills.
• Help deliver research-based consulting projects, including participating in intake interviews, analyzing client data, using a published methodology to evaluate client inputs, and synthesizing conclusions.
• Develop high-quality, well-structured, and user-friendly PowerPoint and Excel client deliverables.
• Develop sample deliverables and associated marketing materials for repeatable consulting offerings based on our published research.
• Conduct analyses of Forrester data to identify prospects for eBusiness and channel strategy consulting offerings from our databases of attendees of Forrester events and workshops, clients who request analyst inquiries, and clients who read eBusiness and channel strategy research reports.
• Manage project delivery timelines and coordinate key project milestones.
• Achieve personal revenue targets on a quarterly basis.
• Identify opportunities for new research streams based on feedback from clients and trends in our engagements with eBusiness and channel strategy clients.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Management consulting experience and deep exposure to eBusiness and channel strategy practices and principles.
• Subject matter expertise in either digital banking or retail eCommerce or deep experience with mobile commerce or banking.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve key performance metrics such as utilization rates or revenue targets.
• Some experience engaging with senior-level business executives.
• Experience preparing deliverable vehicles for clients, owning and delivering the finished product, and creating client-facing deliverables.
• Strong communication and client-facing skills.
• Formal project management experience or training.
• Appreciation for the form factor of deliverables.
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• The ability to collaborate effectively with others in high-pressure situations.
• Experience working with subject matter experts with deep content knowledge.
• Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
• Training in some sales methodology (preferred).
• Entrepreneurial experience in consulting (preferred).
• A strong academic record of achievement; an MBA is preferred.
• The ability to travel up to six days per month.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
Forrester Research - 23 months ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...