Travels to assigned facilities to inspect medication storage and medication pass audits.
- Efficiently Manage assigned facilities list and dedicated hours spent within each facility on a monthly basis
- Conduct inspections of all drug storage areas per Federal and State regulations and requirements.
- Review narcotic proof of use sheets and narcotic change of shift logs for completeness.
- Observations of medication pass with emphasis on G/T, ophthalmic, crush, and inhalations.
- In-service nursing staff on appropriate topics.
- Complete site activity report in a timely manner.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Minimum (Required): (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
Preferred: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
- Nursing License in required state
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
- Experience with vendor pharmacy, hospital or retail is a plus
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...