Consultant Trainings and Events Coordinator, Teacher Effectiveness
The Trainings and Events Coordinator, Teacher Effectiveness will support the Office of Teacher Effectiveness (OTE) Operations Team, to plan and produce professional development sessions and other related events for school staff, network staff, and other DOE constituents as part of the launch and scale-up of an innovative and comprehensive teacher talent management system which focuses on teacher development and evaluation. The events are held across New York City, on weekdays and Saturdays. The position will report to the Director of Operations, Teacher Effectiveness and perform the following:
- Schedule venues; organize site visits and conduct location walk-throughs with vendors to arrange security, operations, and audio-visual requirements.
- Serve as on-site contact at professional development sessions and events; provide support and technical assistance to event participants and facilitators.
- Produce and deliver event materials to event locations across New York City.
- Prepare purchase orders, reconcile and track event-related payments.
- Coordinate and track representation for Teacher Effectiveness professional development sessions, as well as key events such as task force meetings, feedback sessions, and other related events.
- Manage and monitor inventory, distribution, and secured storage of Teacher Effectiveness professional development and training materials, resources, and equipment.
- Maintain professional development and training calendar.
- Travel to events across New York City by public transportation.
Successful candidates should have:
- Event planning and production experience preferred.
- Able to work under pressure, take direction, strategically manage multiple projects at once, meet frequent and changing deadlines, and provide follow-up.
- Willingness to travel around New York City by public transportation.
- Weekday and Saturday availability preferred.
- Flexibility and comfort with adjusting to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and cultivate professional relationships, work effectively with diverse groups.
- Possess strong problem solving, organizational, and effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet.
- Strong familiararity with and comfortable using office equipment (copiers, printers).
- Knowledge of DOE’s policies and procedures.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applications will be accepted through March 28, 2013.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO
NEW YORK, New York, United States
NYC Department of Education - 16 months ago
University comes from Latin for "the whole" and that's what they mean by The University of the State of New York (USNY). The...