Title Consultant, Hedge Fund Administration (Knowledge Management) Job Function Accounting Portfolio / Fund Requisition Number 039029 Metropolitan Area IL-Chicago Loop Manager Position Non-manager Full-time/Part-time Full-time Standard Hours 40 Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Regular/Temporary Regular Job Description The job involves working on a team working for Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through. The candidate will work directly with front office investment personnel within a specific business and along internal team members. An ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with various financial asset types (e.g. equities, fixed income, options, futures, foreign exchange); different data types (e.g. corporate actions, referential data, prices, earnings, holdings, company balance sheet); and/or a working knowledge of various commercial market data tools (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters). Knowledge/Skills • Excellent analytic skills as well as exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to process improvement and development of new IT initiatives.
- General knowledge of the financial markets and functional knowledge of a wide range of asset classes.
- Detail-oriented with the high degree of accuracy and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in MS Office(e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook) computer applications. Basic IS skills (database queries, file manipulation) are desirable but not required Major Duties • Work closely with Front Office personnel - business, IT, and QR - to assist in market data research and data acquisition for trade decision making process
- Develop and sustain relationships with our clients on a global basis supporting their data requirements
- Work with market specialists to update related referential security data for their specific business
- Research pricing sources and price movements within the business
- Define and manage all special projects related to mass data acquisition, cleansing and uploading. Communicate with desk, IT and other KM personnel to achieve project objectives.
- Manage all remote office staff to proper service delivery levels related the specific business
- Assist in building international and domestic proprietary databases related to securities information gathered through research and analysis of securities data and pricing
- Actively review existing IT and manual processes and focus on enhancing the delivery of quality and quantity of pricing and referential security data
- Make independent/educated judgments regarding appropriate resolutions of data anomalies
- Define and prioritize special projects, provide regular status to business and KM managers, and project manage through to completion
- Prepare daily handoff summary to Asia and London support staff for proper follow through
- Work with the broader KM team to provide them support in other initiatives, as well as to elicit their support for broader projects required by the specific front office business to which he/she is assigned. Experience • 0-3 years experience in financial services
- Experience with Reuters particularly desirable. Experience with Bloomberg or any general market data providers desirable.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
Northern Trust Corp. - 2 years ago
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...