SunGard Availability Services (AS) Consulting Services provides technology services to help our customers remain available, adaptable, and operationally excellent. We do this by advising and supporting our customers in the management of risk for their mission critical processes, systems, and people. Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting, business continuity risk management services, as well as business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep people, processes and information connected.
Within SunGard AS, the Consulting Services division is a partner-based consulting model. Our goal is to drive more strategic value to our customers through deeper relationships with broader risk-based service offerings.
SunGard AS is an operational unit of SunGard. With annual revenue of more than $5 billion, SunGard is a global leader in software and processing solutions for the financial services, higher education, energy trading, and public sector.
At SunGard Availability Services, we know that our people are our greatest assets; we work hard to develop our employees and rely on them to make wise choices. The result is challenging and rewarding work environment that fosters growth and encourages professional development. That’s why over 3000 dedicated professionals chose SunGard Availability Services as their place of employment.
About the Position:
Within SunGard’s Availability Services Consulting Services organization, the Operational Resilience Practice contains three practice areas, which are Risk & Resiliency Strategy, Business Continuity Management and IT Service Continuity that support SunGard’s vertical industry markets by delivering assessments, programs and solutions related to their respective areas.
The Technical Architecture practice also contains three practice areas, which are Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Computing, Data Center & Infrastructure Optimization, and Information Security.
As a Consultant you will primarily be responsible for participating as a team member one or more client projects.
- Work closely with a project manager or team lead to develop solutions
- Analyze, define and recommend solutions in support of a client’s Operational Resilience or Technical Architecture Programs as defined within the scope of assigned projects
- Complete business impact and risk assessments for clients
- Prepare and assemble project artifacts (BC and ITSC Recovery Plans, Security Assessments, Exercise Plans, reports, etc.). Ensure that all requirements are properly documented as required.
- Maintain an awareness of technological and program advancements in areas such as Operational Resilience, Cloud Computing, and Information Security
- Assist in the execution and delivery of consulting projects
- Support business development activities as needed
- Manage work load to deliver quality deliverables on time and under budget
- Build “trusted advisor” relationships with clients
- Achieve a utilization goal of 95%
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Business or Technical) at an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- Requires strong work management skills (time, accounting, project completion, forecasting).
- Requires effective analytical and reasoning skills to plan, develop, implement and integrate strategies, policies and objectives and carry out needs, risk and financial analyses.
Other Skills and Considerations:
- Consultants must also be able to deal with personalities and work through issues to meet the requirements of the client. They may be onsite where they are required to think independently and strategically in support of a client’s needs.
- Consultants must have excellent listening, speaking, writing, decision making, problem solving and presentation skills and the ability to deliver solutions through a crisis or disaster event.
- Consultants will be required to travel extensively for periods of time on engagements. Consultants are required to work through periods of time where they will be heavily engaged in viewing computer screens, reading and reviewing documentation or expected to lead intense work sessions that require high levels of concentration.
- Consultants will be required to work in Client allocated workspace (when onsite), so environmental conditions can be unpredictable and may present some additional challenges.
Sungard AS - 8 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...