Manage actuarial client relationships, including senior-level review of all technical work required for each assigned actuarial client and signature as the signing actuary. Participate in the overall management of the southern Region actuarial group, and participate in client meetings and new business presentations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years of relevant benefits experience
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree is a plus)
- Minimum preferred credentials: Enrolled Actuary (EA), ASA, and FSA are preferred (plan to become an FSA is a plus)
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in IRS funding valuations, including calculations required under PPA, and funding and accounting rules
- Complete knowledge and ability to oversee Actuarial Analysts in the preparation of benefit calculations, government forms, valuation data preparation, etc.
- Ability to manage personal workflow as well as oversee the work of others
- Ability to work independently; must be motivated with strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, high achiever who has demonstrated leadership skills that will be used in a team-oriented environment
- Strong client management skills
- Strong management skills with the ability to manage internal staff
- Strong presentation skills with ability to lead client meetings, presentations, and new business opportunities
- Strong team player
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package.
Milliman employs more than 2,000 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 60 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation, and quality. Today, Milliman is one of the nation's most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government, and union organizations.
Milliman is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports both ethnic and gender diversity. All employment decisions are based strictly upon qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.