The newly created Global Business Consulting & Solutions organization supports both Global Corporate Payments (GCP) and Global Business Travel (GBT). This segment team is responsible for leading and expanding our T&E Consulting, Advisory and Meetings & Events businesses across GCP and GBT, as well developing a product line strategy for information management across the segment.
The Global Business Consulting team brings the talent, tools and management consulting acumen needed to manage our client’s T&E spend and maximize their return on their investments in employee travel and other areas of indirect spend. We provide business intelligence, strategic sourcing, program optimization and change management consulting services to help our clients better manage their spend. Our specialized expertise includes: T&E Policy, Sourcing, Change Management & Compliance, Business Process Outsourcing, Business Intelligence, Travel Category Management and Expense Management.
The team consists of Consultants from a wide variety of backgrounds - from the airline and hotel industries, general management consulting, IT consulting and general management. Our business has grown rapidly in recent years due to maturation of market demand and investments in the business. We prefer to hire a candidate in the New York area but we will consider highly qualified virtual candidates.
The consulting analyst will be an integral part of an engagement team, focused on supporting the data and analytical needs of the team. The consulting analyst must demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills: work independently and proactively to develop hypotheses, conduct appropriate analyses to support hypotheses, develop options/alternatives, and create insightful recommendations in context of the overall engagement.
The consulting analyst will be the owner of large data sets and will be required to be a subject matter expert, addressing various questions and challenges from the Advisory team and our clients.
Additionally, this role will be directly client facing and must demonstrate strong presentation and communications skills. Each client project team includes a manager (junior and/or senior) who is responsible for overall project delivery and a consulting analyst will be an integral team member.
The analyst will work on multiple projects with multiple managers so must be able to prioritize workload and work to deadlines. Projects will vary in terms of complexity, timelines, global or local etc. Key tools utilized are MS Access, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint so strong competency with these is required, but an ability to create efficiencies also important.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, listening ability and written presentation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and present/discuss work results in a compelling manner
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to create models and scenarios using all levels of data
- Energetic, curious and creative
- Team player
- Highly client-focused with the ability to demonstrate attention to detail and focus on quality
- Excellent time management skills required – including ability to set priorities and work in a fast paced, multi-project environment
- Flexibility/ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Own client satisfaction ensuring a superior client experience
- Cross-cultural mindset - Experience in the Consulting or Travel industries preferred
- Foreign languages a plus
- Advanced communication and presentation skills with strong technical proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to create, maintain, and alter MS Access queries and reports, create macros and pivot tables and high quality presentations
- Experience with airline revenue management analytics a plus
- Bachelor’s degree where course work could include: statistics, travel, business administration, finance, decision sciences, economics, and mathematics OR minimum 2 years of business travel or consulting experience
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 15 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...