Consulting Director, North America-13012689
The newly-created Global Business Consulting & Solutions organization supports both the Global Corporate Payments (GCP) and Global Business Travel (GBT) businesses within American Express. This segment team is responsible for leading and expanding our travel and expense (T&E) consulting and meetings & events planning businesses across GCP and GBT, as well developing a product line strategy for information management across the segment.
The Global Business Consulting (GBC) team brings the data, insights, and consulting acumen needed to help companies better manage their T&E spend and maximize the return on their investments in employee travel and other areas of indirect cost.
Our specialized expertise includes: T&E policy, sourcing and supplier management, change management, business intelligence, on-going travel category management, payment and expense reimbursement management, and related business process outsourcing (BPO) best practices. The team consists of self-starting individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds – from the airline, hotel and ground transportation industries, payments industry, general management consulting, information technology (IT) consulting, and general management roles. Our business has grown rapidly in recent years due to acceleration of market demand in our services and investments in the business.
The Consulting Director will provide broad T&E consulting solutions to Global Business Travel clients. S/he will drive client interactions, facilitate decision-making, program strategy and the delivery of these solutions.
The Director will lead a team of consultant and analyst resources whose expertise spans the core GBC disciplines of Strategy, Sourcing, BI and Optimization. In addition to engagement execution and delivery across consulting disciplines, the Director will also be responsible for developing and enhancing our solutions in a key Consulting Practice Line.
- Engagement Execution: Effectively scopes and plans project and engagement resources, manages engagements, and is able to execute multiple work objectives on-time and within budget. Profitability and revenue generating responsibility. Strong focus on quality. Ability to create alternative delivery models and frameworks
- Relationship Management: Building and maintaining strong and trusted partnerships with key players and decision-makers within client organizations and across American Express. Elevate, deepen and broaden all client relationships and maintain these through a thorough understanding of client and business needs
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Understands client priorities and available American Express solutions. Analyzes solutions and information assets to generate highly strategic, insightful, creative and customized recommendations for clients, leveraging relevant industry knowledge
- Practice Line (PL) Leadership: Creating and maintaining master consulting frameworks, best practices, and delivery models in the PL. Building thought leadership and eminence for GBC. Providing sales support including training, and production of sales and marketing materials (including statements of work, pricing guidelines and tools, pitch decks, and customer proof points and case study collateral). Responsibility for practice profitability and revenue growth
- Business Development: Proactively identify and recommend business building opportunities that drive growth and profitability for both American Express and the client. Collaborate with other internal partners, especially Client Management and Sales to identify key business development opportunities to achieve revenue and profitability goals. Supports execution of internal/external growth initiatives
- People Development: Provides direction and support to team members to successfully meet all client needs and expectations. Supports career management and training objectives..
5-10 years client management/consulting experience, ideally with top tier consulting firm
- Experience in Travel Consulting or Procurement Consulting a plus
- Experience in the Airline or Hotel industries strongly preferred
- Executive presence and gravitas
- Strategic and innovative thinker; able to tackle complex competitive challenges
- Experience leading businesses built on data and analytics
- Strong project management expertise
- Ability to travel to client site based on client need
- Strong leadership qualities focused on growth and results
- Ability to think innovatively and entrepreneurially about business solutions
- Exceptional quality of delivery
- Experience developing business opportunities including pitch generation & executive reviews
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary and cross-functional global teams
- Bachelor's degree, MBA strongly preferred
Primary Location: United States
American Express - 10 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...