10gen is looking for a team of consulting engineers to further our ongoing plans for world domination! As a technical consultant, you'll be 10gen's ambassador to our clients and other MongoDB users. These positions are homed in New York and Palo Alto, and will require North American travel (expected 50% of the time).
You'll deliver advisory consulting to and lead comprehensive training sessions with 10gen's clients, helping them solve mission-critical challenges in areas as varied as schema design, performance optimization (both in a database and in an application), software architecture, production operations.
- When in the 10gen office, you'll work with 10gen's rockin' team of software engineers and support staff to provide top-quality support for MongoDB users.
- Excellent analytic and diagnostic skills are paramount. Every other detail is negotiable.
- 3+ years of software development/consulting/support experience desired.
- Competence at at least one of the following languages (in no particular order): Java, C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, Python, C++.
- Experience developing or supporting applications in a few different verticals is a plus.
- Strong database knowledge is a plus; MongoDB experience is a double-plus.
- You have a broad familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and deployment/operational considerations.
- You're interested in a very customer-facing role, work well both alone and in teams. (So excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are required.)
10gen - 30+ days ago
10gen is a new platform designed to help developers quickly and easily build complex and scalable web applications.