Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years. We combine our deep clinical, financial, and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better by collaborating with our customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. With more than 2,000 employees globally, we have major offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. Advantage Suite, Micromedex, ActionOI, MarketScan, and 100 Top Hospitals are registered trademarks or trademarks of Truven Health Analytics. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com .
Manage the analytic consulting support provided to assigned customers. Supervise analytic and training staff.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Work closely with the client to develop and implement an Analytic Agenda that outlines each client's healthcare information needs.
- Oversee all training activity provided for client.
- Oversee all analytic consulting projects related to health care issues, such as managed care evaluation, reimbursement strategies, and quality of care.
- Assists with the development and documentation of analytical results.
- Oversee the presentation of analytical results to clients.
- Responsible for meeting a defined value-add sales target.
- Proficient in proposal writing.
- Evaluate health and productivity program ROI.
- Identify and develop proactive analyses from news reports.
- Formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Meet or exceed defined financial target for value-add revenue.
Technical/Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Economics, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years work experience in healthcare analysis and/or consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to aid audience through written or verbal communications.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Experience in data evaluation, database development.
- Experience in applying health analysis methods and measures utilizing basic statistical methods.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills.
- Knowledge of decision support theory and practice, applied in a healthcare environment.
- Willingness to travel.
- Demonstrates extensive market knowledge, good business judgment, and significant product knowledge.
- Applies sound analytic and client relationship skills.
- Comprehends and explains to clients the value of Truven products and services. Communicates verbally in a confident manner.
- Applies strong facilitation skills.
- Writes proposals, presentations, internal and interdepartmental memos.
- Communicates with more senior level staff, internally and externally.
- Resolves complex conflicts/controversies.
- Is skilled at building trust internally and with customers.
- Employs effective negotiation skills.
- Identifies complex internal and organizational problems (e.g., balancing workload and staffing resources), develops possible solutions and recommends the most effective solution.
- Anticipates problems and establishes processes to prevent them.
- Develops problem solving strategies to resolve senior client (or multi-client) problems.
- Independently completes assignments using instructions that indicate only the results required. Understands impact of decisions on department(s).
- Seeks input on complex or unusual situations. Utilizes independent judgment to effectively and creatively employ available resources/staff and manage priorities.
- Develops and manages department plan and client strategies.
- Uses understanding of organization and relationships within the organization to make decisions that impact department or workgroup.
- Thoroughly understands Truven's business.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Is accountable for determining client service plan and for client's success.
- Has responsibility for achievement and completion of projects and/or operations, including those with a significant impact on a department or function.
- Makes, approves and executes decisions related to budgets and purchases of technology, tools and staffing.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2014 fiscal year (October 1, 2013-September 30, 2014).
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and...