Our Vision is to be the IT solutions provider of choice to ensure the availability of our customers’ business operations. Do you want to make a difference in one of the world's leading IT services companies? SunGard Availability Services offers careers that combine the independence of working in a small entrepreneurial environment with the depth of resources of a Fortune 500 technology company.
At SunGard Availability Services, we provide operations support to organizations that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission critical information and applications up and running. With the recent launch of our Enterprise Cloud Services, SunGard continues to invest in new technologies to stay in the foreground of technology innovations that solve business challenges.
Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard Availability Services is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting and business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep critical technology and applications available.
At SunGard Availability Services, we know that people our people are our greatest assets; we work hard to develop our employees and rely on them to make wise choices. The result is challenging and rewarding work environment that fosters growth and encourages professional development. That’s why over 3000 dedicated professionals chose SunGard Availability Services as their place of employment
About the Position:
In this role you will be a Service Line Senior Manager within the Consulting Services business unit of SunGard Availability Services. You will lead a group that focuses on delivering Data Center and Infrastructure Optimization services to our clients. This includes leveraging emerging technologies and solutions to address client problems and deliver exceptional results. This practice is at the core of the Technology Architecture (TA) service line and you will be a member of the TA Leadership Team.
You will be responsible for solution development, business development, practice development, and thought leadership for your service line and for the Technology Architecture practice as a whole.
o Leverage up to 5 delivery resources on a project engagement
- Attaining annual Sales ($1MM), Revenue ($2.5MM), and Billable Utilization (75%) goals
- Work with Service Line leaders to drive business development activity for client accounts and within target accounts
- Engage Industry Sector leaders and domain experts in the pursuit of new opportunities
- Engage Industry Sector leaders in development and execution of account plans and penetration strategies
- Providing thought leadership within Service Line across all industries
- Become a subject matter expert in multiple Service Line solution offerings as well as assist with managing development of new solution offerings.
- Thorough understanding of Service Line delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them
- Leading the execution and delivery of consulting projects
o Execute robust project management methodologies that provide best in class delivery and a scalable platform
· Manage the project work plan and hold the team leads and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours
· Understand scope management and risk mitigation techniques and how to apply them to the project
· Have a thorough understanding of work effort estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level
· Ensure timely and quality delivery for engagements you are managing
· Work with Staffing Coordinator to ensure the proper staffing for your project(s)
Requirements and Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical) at an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree preferred (MBA) preferred
- Typically 6 years of experience in a consulting firm organization
- Possess a strong and very established track record in delivering large, complex, long-term engagements (2+ years and $2 million in contract value).
- Possess a strong track record in developing Service Line solutions
- Possess an interest and passion towards engaging the imagination of Senior Level (i.e. CEO, CIO, and COO) executives in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of business change through consulting solutions.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with Data Center & Infrastructure Optimization
- Minimum 5 years in Best Practices / ITIL and outsourced availability services
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- A highly-motivated, self-directed individual who is tenacious in his/her approach, and approaches business in an energetic way
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to win the confidence of individuals both within and outside of the organization
- Successful line experience of building and growing consulting services business
- Proven track record of dealing with senior level executives and forging them into positive and profitable partnerships
- Demonstrated success managing teams and senior level professionals in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated team development skills
- Significant client-facing responsibilities, including leadership roles in sales process
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Advanced communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated mastery of consulting at the senior management level
- Exceptional organizational and communications capabilities
- Experience in public speaking including presentations to senior executives and large groups
Sungard AS - 9 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...