The content writer supports the Social Media Manager,
developing digital content across all social media
platforms. The main goal of the content writer is to
create likeable, shareable content for fans of Hoover
and Dirt Devil across the world. The position will
require long-form and short-form writing, a creative
mind with an eye toward surprise and delight. We are not
looking for a social media expert. We are looking for a
strong, innovative writer with an eye for storytelling.
Pinterest and Tumblr.
- Produce compelling copy for Facebook, Twitter,
focusing on customer insights for specific audiences and
- Generate new ideas on how to leverage the platforms,
rates and processes.
- Use analytics to refine copy based on best engagement
best with both words and images.
- Partner with a graphic design team to tell the story
Leadership and Excellence
- Execute a vision for each platform.
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and attention to
Other Duties as assigned
- Be an expert at spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Please include a resume, five topics people who are
excited about vacuum cleaners would want to read about
and a few awesome things you’ve written. Note: We will
not look at the rest of your packet if your cover letter
does not meet our creative expectations.
Advertising, or commensurate experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, History or
versatile copywriting. Preferred: Some commercial
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, particularly in
writing experience, but not all commercial writing.
to write it.
- Experience in turning around copy faster than you want
be coached and edited meticulously.
- The ability to work independently, but the patience to
- Excitement and passion about what you’ll get to do
- Punchy writing style with ability to adapt to
attention to detail.
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and strong
Results driven, strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, creative and curious
- Team player, Positive attitude, Takes ownership,
professional and courteous manner
- Dependable and service oriented, always acting in a
Word and Excel.
- Passionate about the business opportunity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office- Power Point,
Req. Code : 649
Division/Department : Corporate