Conducts portfolio-level analysis and produce reports to mitigate credit risk and monitor parameters for credit policy. The analyst is responsible for identifying issues around key metrics with regards to the Consumer Loan portfolios and originations. Analyze key metrics within these lending portfolios and new business to help formulate an understanding of the underlying drivers to issues.
The Consumer Portfolio Risk Analyst:
- Maintains weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using SQL based reporting tools and Excel.
- Creates and modifies ad hoc reports and performs related analyses including loss forecasting.
- Uses best practices of data analysis to ensure accurate results.
- Assists in developing forecast models, performing time series analysis, and reporting related to portfolio performance such as delinquency, loss frequency, loss severity and bankruptcies.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements addressing gaps and areas for additional/improved reporting and data.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active and detail-oriented, demonstrating strong quantitative skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision; and to interact collaboratively with internal customers
- Able to managing multiple and varied projects, including ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SQL and database management
- Experience in consumer credit risk and banking
- Experience in data analysis, spreadsheet modeling, and forecasting techniques
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with technical systems, data warehouses, data mining, and data analysis techniques
- Programming experience in VBA, Matlab, eViews, or R
- Familiar with Cognos and/or Hyperion
First Citizens - 21 months ago
With roots dating back to 1913, First Citizens serves customers in South Carolina and Georgia through an extensive network of branches and...