POPULAR COMMUNITY BANK - The Human Side of Banking
As a premier community bank, Popular Community Bank strives to create an extraordinary legacy, with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our people, partnership with our communities, and a commitment to deliver shareholder value. Popular provides commercial and relationship banking services, offering a wide array of credit and deposit products to both individual and business clients through branches located in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Illinois, and California. We are a subsidiary of Popular, Inc., a financial services company founded in 1893 with operations in the United States, the Caribbean, and Central America.
We currently seek a Consumer Lending Underwriter to join our team in Orlando, FL. In this position you’ll be responsible for the review, management and administration of all credit applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Review assigned consumer credit application (including Home Equity, Personal Loans and Credit Cards) and make judgmental decisions within assigned Lending Authority to approve, decline or counteroffer.
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning credit request and to determine risk as necessary.
- Review evidence of income submitted by applicants, to determine validity of financial position.
- Make recommendations to higher lending authority for all credit applications which are above assigned Lending Authority.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze credit applications and make sound decisions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business related field with a minimum two years of related Underwriting experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.