Consumer Ln Underwriter 3
11601 N BLACK CANYON HWY - PHOENIX, AZ
*Please note the posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume*
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision and design every product and service with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Home Equity originator (Source: Company sources). Our Default Servicing Team: Respectfully engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
- Dependent on division and complexity of underwriting, functions may include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); evaluating; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision.
- May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager.
- Specific responsibilities include Loan level underwriting authority within Home Equity Home Preservation.
- This person will be responsible for Reviewing Hardship packages, determining length and impact of Financial hardship, conducting loan level cash flows for borrower to determine affordability, including unusual or complex financial documentation including self employed borrowers and wage earners.
- The goal is to utilize investor guidelines and delegated authority to decision customer hardships with related home retention strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting procedures, creditor financial analysis techniques, investor requirements and possess a high degree of attention to detail.
- Maintains loan status/information through the use of loan notes or any other performance tracking system in use. Work in a team environment in an effort to achieve business and volume goals and provide superior service.
- Must provide coaching and/or training to less experienced team members to advance skill set and provide feedback as needed.
- Maintain applicable compliance conformity as it relates to data integrity and risk management.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner.
4+ years underwriting experience.
- Must currently have or be willing to obtain required delegation of authority level for this position within 90-120 days of hire.
- Extensive analytical skills and knowledge to include the review and understanding of complex tax documentation.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Superior internal and external customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible and production oriented environment.
- Ability to spread and analyze business/corporate and personal tax returns/financial statements.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- 2+ yrs Home Equity Loss Mitigation experience.
- Current Level C Delegation of Authority.
- BA/BS Degree.
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...