CONSUMER PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR (Job Number: 34694)
Toys'R'Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 874 Toys'R'Us and Babies'R'Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 625 international stores and over 145 licensed stores in 35 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand's flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys'R'Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide.
The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys'R'Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys'R'Us, Babies'R'Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus, Facebook.com/FAO, and Facebook.com/ruscareers and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus and Twitter.com/Babiesrus.
Toys'R'Us is seeking a Consumer Public Relations Coordinator for their Wayne, NJ Headquarters. The responsibilities include:
- Help support all Consumer Public Relations activity for Toys'R'Us, Babies'R'Us and FAO Schwarz. Help affirm the company's position as an industry leader and THE toy and baby products authority.
- Work with Consumer PR team to assist in coordinating photo and video shoots and interview requests with local and national media. Review media inquiries and opportunities with Consumer PR team and assist with the development of interview briefing documents for company spokespeople, including executives and store managers across the country, as necessary.
- In preparation for company announcements and media outreach surrounding select initiatives, support the Consumer PR team by partnering with appropriate internal and external individuals to gather and organize collateral, ensure accuracy of information and do so in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with media contacts on an as-needed basis, supporting activities and relationships of other Consumer PR team members. Attend press events and briefings when necessary to help nurture relationships with media outlets.
- Develop, write and edit weekly reports on an on-going basis to detail Consumer PR activities to Toys'R'Us, Inc. executives. Work with the Consumer PR team to gather information for the report, including interviews conducted, press activities and articles with company mentions.
- Work closely with Consumer PR team to develop press materials, including interview briefing materials, fact sheets, key message points, pitch letters, media alerts, calendar listings and press releases.
- Learn how to handle reactive media calls throughout the year by obtaining all pertinent information, understanding the company's policies and procedures.
- Regularly update media lists on a regular basis by continually researching and identifying changes in reporters' coverage responsibility and/or new reporters with whom the team can build relationships.
- Monitor and keep the team abreast of trends in media coverage about the retail and toy industries and alert team to competitor news. Learn to use media monitoring tools, such as CisionPoint, Factiva, Google News, etc. Review and order broadcast segments that mention Toys'R'Us, Babies'R'Us and FAO Schwarz through video monitoring service.
- Assist in gathering, cataloging and distributing product samples to support media requests and placements.
Job Function: Corporate Communications
- College degree in Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- Strong verbal, written and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and resiliency
- Display professionalism at all times
- Team player
- Ability to work in both Wayne, New Jersey and New York City offices. (The Wayne office is not accessible from public transportation.)
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
One Geoffrey Way
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
CareerBuilder - 8 months ago