Department - Compliance
The Consumer Resolution Team Lead is responsible for completing various complex dispute handling and consumer resolution duties, as well as reviewing the work of Consumer Resolution Specialist levels I, II and III for quality assurance. The primary responsibility of this position is to review, investigate, and respond to all written consumer disputes and ACDVs on an account in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. The Consumer Resolution Team Lead is also responsible for regularly communicating with consumers/debtors on the telephone in a professional and ethical manner, and in accordance with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and other Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
oHistorical account information
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of the Company and Compliance Department’s Mission, Vision and Values statements.
- Provide guidance and consumer resolution support to department staff.
- Communicate with consumers via telephone, including complex and escalated consumer telephone calls from CRS levels I, II and III to assist in effectively resolving disputes
- Obtain full and complete consumer identifying and contact information; and update in system
- Conduct a thorough investigation whenever a consumer questions or challenges the accuracy or completeness of information relied upon to conclude if there is a reasonable basis to collect the debt. Evaluate and weigh all information and circumstances including:
oReliability, credibility, accuracy and completeness of information obtained from the original creditor or third party sources
oStrength and credibility of information obtained from the consumer
oResponsiveness of the consumer to reasonable requests for additional information.
- Take on complex or escalated disputes to ensure resolution.
- Respond to written consumer dispute correspondence and ACDVs received through E-Oscar in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Update account information and credit reporting information documenting results of the dispute and investigation. Include detailed account notes, contact information, inaccuracies and the account status to accurately reflect the results of the investigation.
- Notify the consumer and/or Credit Reporting Agency of the dispute investigation results.
- Comply with all local, State, and Federal debt collection and consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to the FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA and GLBA
- Process AUD requests through eOSCAR in accordance with company policy and to assure compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Conduct thorough and regularly schedule quality assurance reviews of the work performed by other Consumer Resolution Specialists to assure accuracy and completeness of responses.
- Assist with the coaching and mentoring of junior level Consumer Resolution Specialists for career development. Provide feedback on work performance of Consumer Resolution Specialists to department management.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Perform other duties as requested, including clerical duties, department reports and assisting with special projects.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree in business related field or equalivant work experience required.
- Experience: Minimum one year as a Consumer Resolution Specialist II, III or IV and possess expertise in consumer resolution processes. Supervisory or leadership experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to meet all skill requirements of a Consumer Resolution Team Lead.
- Language/Communication/Interpersonal: Ability to speak, read and write English. Effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to speak professionally on the phone. Ability to maintain effective, professional working relationships with all associates. Ability to work as a team player.
- Analytical: Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Effective problem solving skills. Ability to organize and prioritize. Ability to exercise reasonable judgment to objectively evaluate and weigh all information and circumstances.
- Technical: Intermediate/Advanced computer and keyboarding skills, and working knowledge of dialer, collection and credit reporting software, and skip tracing tools. .
- Leadership: Emerging leadership skills with ability to mentor and provide constructive feedback preferred.
- Other: Achieve required score on FDCPA test. Maintain or exceed Consumer Resolution Team Lead quantitative and qualitative performance measures in place for handling consumer disputes and conducting quality assurance reviews. Maintain satisfactory record of Compliance.
Fast-paced, clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, temperature controlled office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and include but are not limited to: sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time; reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction; finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers such as using a keyboard; near visual acuity with ability to view data on a computer screen for extended periods of time; ability to see within normal parameters; speaking and hearing within normal range, face-to-face and on the phone.
Other Work Requirements
Extended hours may be required.
The listed statements on this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. It is the responsibility of associates assigned to this job to ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed accurately and timely as required.
Asset Acceptance, LLC, Consumer Credit, LLC, Asset Acceptance Recovery Services, LLC, Legal Recovery Solutions, LLC and Asset Acceptance Solutions Group, LLC are wholly owned subsidiaries of Asset Acceptance Capital Corp.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform background screening.
Asset Acceptance Capital (AACC) tries to help creditors accept the things they cannot change and have the courage to pay off the debt they...