The Contact Lens Technician assists the optometrist with patient care. Performs preliminary testing on patients stressing the importance of an annual eye examination. Provide recommendations to patients regarding their eyewear needs. Provide Instruction to patients in the proper use and care of their contact lenses. Performs administrative tasks of the contact lens department, ensuring that inventory and products are kept at the required stock levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting the following testing procedures – taking patient history, preliminary screening including color vision, stereo, visual acuities, retinal photography, automated visual fields, tonometry, subjective refraction and basic slit lamp.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient patient flow throughout the examination process/family members, pre-selling, etc.
- Responsible for instructing patients on proper use of contact lenses.
- Promoting retinal photography, easy care packages and backup glasses.
- Assist the Optometrist with trial fits of contact lenses and evaluate for proper fit.
- Educate patients on proper insertion and removal of contact lenses, as well as communicate relevant information on care and handling of contact lenses.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the preliminary testing area, contact lens area and examination lane.
- Monitor and order inventory for trial lenses and supplies on a weekly basis.
- Place and receive orders for contact lenses necessary for patients’ daily – following company procedures.
- Authorize patient contact lens supply via direct ship through General Manager.
- Notify and re-notify patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing, ensuring no pick-ups are over 30 days .
- Notify patients immediately of any delays in regards to the delivery time of their contact lenses.
- Clean and disinfect contact lens dispensing area daily.
- Complete and submit contact lens returns to the Home office on a weekly basis.
- Understand and promote all contact lens programs, rebates and special offers.
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by the company.
- Develop skills to assist patients in the optical dispensary, including dispensing, adjusting and selection of eyewear.
- Assist the Optometrist with all related functional duties to ensure efficiency.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- 1-3 years of related optometry/vision care experience within a similar office environment.
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry.
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
MyEyeDr. - 10 months ago