This position is responsible for repairing containers and, flat racks, within the Container & Chassis M&R department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the
Mechanics’ Supervisor and Facility Security & Maintenance Manager
and does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) year of industry related experience repairing and restructuring intermodal equipment such as flat racks and containers
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures involved in maintenance, repairs and replacement
- Must have Stick and MIG welding experience; welding experience to include aluminum. Certifications preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak Basic English
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all functions in accordance with operation and safety guidelines
- Ability to perform container repairs to follow the Institute of International Container Lessors (IICL) guidelines.
- Inspect containers to determine quality and need of repair
- Perform repairs to containers using a variety of hand and power tools, including Stick and MIG welding, electric meters
- Perform repair skills including, but not limited to, damaged floors, doors, side and roof panels, and all structural components
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times by cleaning, organizing, removing safety hazards, oil spills, spare parts, etc. within warehouse
- Maintain awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people checking equipment, etc.) at all times
- Operate material handling equipment (9K forklift) to move container or chassis as needed
- Perform other related task as assigned
- Subject to physical and/or DOT Screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is occasionally required to sit (while driving), grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination.
- The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crawl, reach overhead, exercise repetitive foot motion, and eye-hand-foot coordination
- The employee is frequently required to climb, forward bend, squat, twist, pinch, and reach forward
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 55 pounds
- The employee is continuously required to talk and hear
- The employee is continuously required to stand and walk
- The employee is continuously required to grasp, exercise repetitive wrist motion, and finger movement.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Outdoors, exposure to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Moderate vibration with use of hydraulic seating system
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers