Are you a writer who dreams of creating and driving a UI language and content strategy for a global suite of products? Love having unlimited access to your users? How about leveraging language and information design to have very significant and highly visible business impact? Then our new User Experience team within Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is the place for you to shine.
AFT is seeking a talented, passionate Technical Writer to join our growing Human Centered Design group. This position will have a significant impact on our business as you will assist in setting the UI language strategy, tools and writing processes for AFT's new worldwide collection of web-based products and services. You will work collaboratively with designers, web developers, domain experts, and users--designing solutions for a multitude of unique and different product interfaces.
· Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of content and documentation challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, desktop, 10-foot user interfaces, hardware interfaces on non-portable devices, and even physical environments.
· Develop useful, usable, and desirable content for our world-wide Fulfillment Center employees, working closely with other writers, designers, web-developers and engineers.
· Provide editorial support and direction about the tone and voice for AFT web and software applications.
· Develop and maintain detailed voice and copy specifications.
· Present work to the user experience team, product team, and AFT executives for review and feedback.
· Participate in user research activities enabling AFT to build a deep and rich understand of our users.
· Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered writing, design and research methodologies.
· Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communication, or a related field. 5+ years equivalent professional experience as a content developer, technical writer, or similar role creating user interface (UI) content and product documentation for large software products or suites of software products.
· Experience with topic based/structured authoring.
· Experience with DITA/XML.
· Experience managing localization and translation processes.
· Experience creating documentation style guides, and creating or contributing to platform style guides.
· A portfolio or samples of demonstrating experience creating user-centered documentation and UI content.
· Masters degree in English, Technical Communication, or a related field.
· Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with designers and developers.
· Experience with SCRUM or Agile development environment.
· Experience participating in user research activities (e.g., usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.) is a strong plus.
· Passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient, highly usable user interfaces.
· Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
Amazon.com - 30+ days ago