The Content Development Representative position plays an integral role in Social Media copy writing, coordination, monitoring and execution. The ability to effectively write, coordinate and manage multiple Social Media sites at one time with the utmost attention to detail is an absolute must. The work environment for the Content Development Lead involves overlapping projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Identify content metrics, content relevance and content monitoring with all LocateSmarter sites and other sites identified to monitor.
- For each proposal effort, assemble and review the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, consultants, subcontractors, writers, editors, illustrators, desktop publishers, proofreaders and quality control and print reproduction personnel
- Guide LocateSmarter team in preparing the relevant marketing content including understanding of the relevance, purpose, keyword searchable, and overall effectiveness.
- Gather market intelligence from sales team
- Writes and posts content online; maintains company Web pages and blog(s)
- Contributes to/updates the company’s social sites like Facebook and Twitter
- Works with developers/IT staff to assess any technical challenges (technical troubleshooting) in displaying the content.
- Helps develop & document procedures to manage Web content
- Moderates content as it is contributed to the website and Social Media sites by external sources.
- Helps plan and implement social marketing campaigns for specific marketing goals.
- Monitors social media outlets and responds on topics related to company/industry.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, and business/industry trends.
- Coordinate content creation & publishing of company newsletters (internal or external).
- Prepare internal and external communications including announcements, press releases, quarterly corporate reports, presentations, technical documentation, sales support, etc as needed.
- Support and maintain LocateSmarter’s brand image
- Work with and support all corporate departments
- Periodically work extended evening and weekend hours, sometimes on short notice
Qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years corporate marketing experience working directly with Social Media and copy writing. Required to demonstrate current Social Media sites, and current posting examples.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational and reading/analysis skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to handle a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with various levels of associates and management
- Detail oriented
- First-class leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to organize people, tools, equipment, and other resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish desired results
- Ability to inspire outstanding work from team members with a range of experience and technical abilities
- Ability to deal with concepts and complex issues comfortably; is seen as intellectually sharp, capable and agile
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines and in the face of incomplete information
- Demonstrated leadership skills, able and willing to face challenges, delegate and provide direction to others, and effectively address conflict
- Creativity and basic graphic design skills
- Computer skills in Word Press, Social Media Sites, various levels of experience with Social Media Monitoring tools like; HootSuite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign.
Please send any questions about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Background checks & drug testing required.