The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing clear, concise and persuasive content and messaging that demonstrate Alliant Credit Union’s core messages and voice in all marketing communications including newsletters, product & service collateral, press releases, direct mail, PowerPoint presentations, white papers, websites, email, etc. The Content Development Manager will also lead communications projects and manage a team of writers to ensure that editorial strategy and project objectives are achieved, as well as champion the corporate editorial style guide and edit and manage content ensuring consistent application of style and information across all channels. Work involves moderate difficulty in managing multiple simultaneous or complex projects with varying deadlines in a team environment while ensuring the timely development, effective and legally compliant marketing communications. Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of all steps of the creative development process, credit union products, credit union policy and leadership/relationship management skills. Direction is received from the Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications.
• Develop content that supports Alliant sales and marketing communications strategies and messages to sponsors and members across various media types.
• Research, fact-check and proofread for spelling, grammar and consistency of positioning.
• Responsible for helping maintain consistency of message and corporate brand across channels and products.
• Collaborate with internal clients while working closely with the Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications to bring projects to timely completion. Re-packaging of pre-existing or externally sourced content will be required.
• Guide and manage internal writers and external creative resources when appropriate.
• Ensure the timely development, efficient and effective implementation of marketing campaigns and promotions.
• Manage marketing communications projects, scheduling and department workflow, including meeting/exceeding service level agreements (SLA’s) and internal customer engagement (ICE).
• Make enhancements to marketing processes to increase member and internal customer satisfaction.
• Coach, counsel, train and develop employees in their assigned tasks.
• Identify and initiate opportunities to strengthen engagement (Q12) among our team as well as build solid relationships with our internal customers to provide better service and communications.
• Applies great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
• Provides a structured and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
BA/BS degree with a minimum of 8 years experience in marketing and copy development. Prefer experience in financial services industry. Experience in transforming concepts into clear, concise written communications without losing key messages. Highly developed writing skills for print and electronic media required. The ability to grasp and then translate concepts into understandable and exciting, essential prose. Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work well in teams. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Attention to detail and ability to be self-directed. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Minimum two years supervising a team of writers. Ability to work as a leader and team player as well as independently. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound independent decisions.
Alliant Credit Union - 9 months ago