Posting Job Title: Content Editor
Requisition #: 145626BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest: Marketing
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Content Editor for our Ecommerce Department.
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The Content Editor role is critical in supporting the voice and branding of our core online property - TWC.com, which educates prospective customers on innovative products that enable digital and provides information and assistance to existing customers.
The Content Editor will work closely with marketing, product and business owners within our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Assist team in creating, updating and managing online content for Time Warner Cable web properties (requires working with content and project management software).
- Understand and support brand, tone and voice throughout all web properties.
- Work with Content Manager to help maintain the master content calendar for our web properties.
- Ability to assess project brief or requirements and write, copy edit and/or proofread web content.
- Understanding of web development-related issues such as SEO, accessibility, metrics, usability and navigation
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, teams and vendors to ensure an aligned, efficient approach to the overall site content.
- Writes, edits, and proofs content including web pages, site promotions and email marketing.
- Must be able to create complex web copy decks for new functionality including: information in forms, multiple conditions and considering various data sources that will be sent to technical teams for build.
- Understanding of user experience and customer experience best practices.
- Performs content audits and gap analyses, identifying gaps and opportunities;
- Assists in development and maintenance of content style guides, technical specs, inventories and taxonomy structure.
- Develops Search Engine Optimization -friendly (SEO) web content including strategic key phrase placement within compelling and persuasive marketing copy that maximizes opportunities for indexing, ranking, click-through and conversions.
- Leverages analytics to track site usage, recommends strategies for improvement, suggest content requirements for site enhancement and areas for A/B and multivariate testing.
- Helps maintain sitemap and placement of landing and other pages to meet best practices and ensure clear and concise engagement and communication for users.
- Works to support product owners on content updates for freshness, new product launches and variety on site.
- Outstanding organizational skills, project management expertise, excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated team player with strong attention to detail and ability to self- manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production and development environment and hit the ground running.
- Understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS, Adobe Suite
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Experience with popular content management systems and creating content for components and complex new structures and page flows.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- 3+ years experience managing content and production for large high traffic websites
- 3+ years online experience
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Minimal travel, could have an occasional trip to Herndon or Denver.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00449 - NYC 1633 Broadway
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...