Do you have a way with words? OpenGov is looking for a talented and experienced writer who lives to create engaging, keyword-rich content that keeps an audience coming back for more. This writer will grow our brand through creating, editing and repurposing a wide range of compelling content such as whitepapers, case studies, blog articles and other marketing collateral. The overall goal is to inspire and educate governments and citizens on the benefits of our platform and mission.
We are a rapidly-growing, venture-backed software company located in the heart of Silicon Valley that is building the leading cloud platform for governments and citizens to access, analyze and share public financial data.
While content is royalty, we believe that context is king. Passion for learning and researching the government, technology and finance industries is required to thrive in this role.
- Research, write and edit whitepapers, ebooks, case studies, blog articles and other long-form pieces.
- Write engaging copy for emails, advertisements, webinar scripts, and other marketing collateral.
- Develop content strategies that support business objectives.
- Collaborate with other team members to establish and drive authentic, consistent and compelling messaging.
Extra consideration given for:
- A clear, concise and brilliant writer—you make complex ideas understandable to a broad audience, and make simple concepts compelling.
- 3 years experience in writing or content marketing roles.
- Insight into human behavior and a passion to learn what motivates and inspires our target audience.
- Organized, deadline-driven, and an eye for detail.
- Perform well in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing or government.
- Experience in government or as a journalist.
- Experience with inbound marketing and SEO.
- Familiarity with marketing automation platforms, content management systems and email service providers.
- Video production and editing skills.