Bleacher Report is a sports media site that is revolutionizing journalism and profitably growing at an astounding rate. We provide an unparalleled opportunity to work on a web site that reaches 20 million readers per month and is the 4th largest sports site, right behind ESPN, Fox Sports, and Yahoo.
Content Producer Internship (UK Sports Focus)
Bleacher Report is looking for an intern to program breaking news, commentary and analysis on BleacherReport.com, in our newsletters, and in TeamStream app.
- Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports.
- Emphasis in UK sports knowledge. Need expertise in world football (soccer), cricket, rugby, & motorsports (F1).
- Tech savvy. It is important that the candidate is well-versed in the world of Internet sports. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites, and contributing to team specific forums are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Facebook, mobile apps, smartphones and tablet devices.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, or Communication is preferred.
Must be able to work from our San Francisco office and have a flexible work schedule required (sports world never sleeps).
Six month paid internship — monthly stipend.
Those who excel in the position will be considered for full-time employment opportunities at Bleacher Report.
Start date/Application deadline:
We are looking for someone to start work immediately.
We will contact qualified applicants, if their experience matches our criteria.
Bleacher Report - 9 months ago
Now here's a TV company that really knows how to network. Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) is a leading operator of cable TV networks....