Are you interested in publishing content that will be viewable to millions of portal users? Even better, why not do so at a company where you are able to create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service while working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers!
We are seeking a Content Publisher who can handle many tasks and still maintain the ability to see what they’re doing, catch slip-ups, and even help develop better process methods! The successful candidate will be responsible for updating portions of Synacor’s client portals with fresh content, including text, video, links and images on a daily and weekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shift for this role is Saturday-Tuesday
• Weekend publisher must be available each weekend for regular duties.
• Publish content to client portals on a pre-defined schedule.
• Assist in execution of mobile publishing strategy.
• Exhibit firm understanding of current events and exercise strong news judgment while publishing to portals.
• Work with other teams to develop new and creative ways to use existing content and participate in seeking out new providers within key categories.
• Work with other Synacor teams to showcase content in existing components and participate in creation of new content offerings.
• Monitor and maintain client Web portals on a consistent basis to promote quality of user experience.
• Use the Internet as a research tool for staying abreast of current events related to the content strategies.
• Enforce quality control standards for content and work with technology teams to resolve issues with internal tools and portal components.
• Attend periodic meetings to update manager on status and progress.
• Able to work occasional overnight shift to support release of code to portals
• Other duties as assigned by management.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• 1-3 years experience in content programming and editing.
• Exhibit strong content programming and editing skills.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree and experience in journalism, public relations, communications or related field required.
• Web experience required.
• Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality of content.
• Adaptable, flexible and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must have an eye for details while still being able to see the big picture.
• Possess strong organizational capabilities to prioritize various tasks.
• Possess capability to research various topics and ideas to find relevant information.
• Basic HTML knowledge a plus.
• Must be well-organized and able to manage multiple (potentially complicated) projects at once.
• Must be a strong team player.
• Able to succeed in a fast-paced, non-traditional work environment.
• Able to think creatively and troubleshoot issues.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...