- Requisition #: 201042555
- Job Category: Communications
- Operation: Social and Digital Communications
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20E
- Job Code: 2045
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ALPHARETTA, GA 30005 - UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
The Interactive Communications (IC) Content Strategist writes and manages marketing and support content for UPS's customer-facing website across 100+ country sites and 30+ languages. The Content Strategist must understand and inform project needs; propose new content and determine impact on existing content; build and manipulate a matrix of impacted content assets; write contextually appropriate content, negotiate content revisions, and facilitate translations using a CMS. The Content Strategist reports to the Managing Editor or another Content Strategist.
- Work with project sponsors, Managing Editors, and related IC disciplines to understand content needs and project scope
- Determine impact of project requests at granular level and deliver content scope document
- Determine business value of localization requests, negotiating specifics with project sponsors
- Create content matrix containing asset-level detail, including metadata values that govern content behavior (placement within site structure, geographic distribution, translations)
- Research and write new content
- Review and edit content provided by external sources
- Engage in iterative content processes, negotiating input and revisions from multiple subject matter experts
- Ensure content compliance with editorial guidelines
- Publish, verify, and troubleshoot master English and translated content in various test environments
- Perform quality assurance checks on published content
- Describes quality assurance methodology; explains desired outcomes of testing, such as reliability and consistency; identifies the steps in the project life cycle.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; describes basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work.
- Works with others to develop communications strategies for small-medium events and programs; crafts basic, effective messaging and visuals tailored to target audience(s).
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the different media available for communication; identifies the main message in documents; explains, in general terms, the importance of timely, pertinent communication and its impact on business results.
- Leads management and implementation of basic projects; communicates plan, schedule, baselines, and metrics to stakeholders and implementation team; provides scheduled reports and updates to stakeholders; manages progress to plan and makes necessary adjustments to schedule, resources and timeline; communicates changes to stakeholders; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Solicits information with some guidance, and assists in identifying respondents or sources of information; uses both open-ended and close-ended questions, as appropriate and seeks clarification when a respondent is unclear.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism Preferred
- CMS Experience
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of job interactive Web experience with 2 to 3 years focusing in Web content development
- Project management skills
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Authorized to Work in the U.S.
- Experience in Content Management System
- Experience in Web content developement
*If you are a current UPS Employee, please apply to this position via - UPSERs.com - "My career" tab. Go to the Internal Jobs Link. Your immediate mgr. must approve your online application in order for you to be considered.
UPS - 16 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...