Consumer Reports, the world’s largest consumer testing and publishing organization of its kind is currently seeking a Content Team Leader to define the strategy for and the creation of personal finance content across all our platforms, both print and digital.
In addition to developing content and setting strategy, this is a key leadership role, requiring someone to direct and inspire a staff of managers, writers, reporters to ensure that consumer-focused, compelling, timely, accurate and high-quality content is created and delivered across all media platforms. This person will also work closely with the internal statistical division, as well as our consumer survey group, and advocacy group. A passion for consumer protection and consumer education is a must. The Content Team Leader is the recognized in-house personal finance expert and Consumer Reports’ external spokesperson for the entire finance area.
If you have significant experience with—and passion for—finance-based content, a drive to take on a leadership role in consumer protection, and the ability to manage a team to high performance, this is the opportunity for you.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include health, dental, and vision insurance, an onsite gym and cafeteria. The role is based fulltime on premises in Yonkers, NY, (a 25 minute drive from Manhattan); we also provide shuttle service from both the Metro North train station and the local subway.
• Ensuring that all content is driven by a deep curiosity and understanding of what consumers need to know about personal finance, and what CR can uniquely provide
• Defining, developing and constantly refining the personal finance content strategy
• Line managing a staff to be collaborative, creative, and accountable in a fast-paced multi-platform environment; strength in change management is a plus
• Having strength in a variety of editorial skills, from investigative, packaging, line editing, display copy, infographics, particularly in various platforms from print to digital. Specifically, producing a 16-page monthly newsletter (Money Advisor) as well as content for two magazines, Special Interest Publications, and the website.
• Serving as our in-house expert and external spokesperson on personal finance
• Using consumer behavior data and competitive analysis to create cutting- edge content
ConsumerReports.org - 16 months ago