TITLE: Continuing Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Continuing Education
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt and Temporary
Provide general administrative and clerical assistance for the Continuing Education department. Respond to requests for assistance and information from Continuing Education students and SFAI staff. The Continuing Education Department oversees the following programs:
· Adult Continuing Education
· Young Artist Program
· PreCollege Program
1) Reception. Greet visitors and receive phone calls according to established procedures with particular attention to maintaining a courteous, diplomatic and helpful manner at all times.
2) Student Enrollment/Registration. Coordinate Continuing Education student registration including:
a) Process phone and web-based registration
b) Create and update enrollment sheets for all registrants of Continuing Education classes as needed
c) Oversee production and distribution acknowledgement/confirmation letters to all Continuing Education registrants
d) Receive and respond to incoming calls from Continuing Education students and parents concerning class information, registration, and application procedures
e) Assist students in selecting the appropriate courses for their skill level and interests
f) Effectively enter all courses into registration software, including Datatel and Rainier.
g) Follow-up on payments in conjunction with the cashier's office
3) Administration. Includes:
a) Efficiently and accurately retrieve process, organize, and deliver all department mail. Maintain all databases for the department including mailing lists, instructor applicants, program statistics, attendance records, and teacher contacts.
b) Handle day-to-day coordination with facilities and security in support of course and exhibition schedules.
c) Assist with distributing mailings and e-mail announcements.
d) Assist with the preparation of Continuing Education courses including assigning course numbers, room numbers and instructor biographies.
e) Coordinate the Friday Open Drawing Studio, by ensuring that schedule is clear and that a model and monitor are scheduled to work.
f) Process all incoming PreCollege applications.
g) Draft and edit professional correspondence.
4) Evaluation . Distribute updated evaluation forms each session for all Continuing Education classes and instructors. Collect and tabulate results and submit summary reports to the Program Director.
5) Exhibition . Coordinate all student exhibitions (typically five per year) including the drop-off and pick-up of work, installation and de-installation, creating wall labels, and exhibition announcements.
6) Assist in special projects as necessary.
1) Undergraduate degree.
2) Minimum 2 years of administrative support/office management experience.
3) Experience in non-profit and/or higher education work setting
4) Excellent interpersonal skills and strong service orientation, coupled with attention to detail and accuracy.
5) Demonstrated commitment to the values of access, inclusion and diversity in higher education and the admission process.
6) Outstanding verbal, writing and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, and public involved in the recruitment of new students.
7) Proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, Excel, databases, electronic communication, and the Internet.
8) Ability to work autonomously concurrent as well as with diverse groups of staff, students and faculty members.
9) Self-motivated and able to work independently
10) Must be available to work throughout the summer and occasional evening and weekend hours during the beginning and end of each program.
About Santa Fe Art Institute: SFAI takes as its mission an exploration of the intersections of contemporary art and society. By bringing...