The Continuing Education Instructor is responsible and accountable for providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship by supporting Training Center programs and services. The Instructor maintains the infrastructure needed to support our EMS and critical care programs for the continuing education needs of the organization and other external community healthcare providers. Additionally, the Instructor teaches all course offerings as needed.
• Supports the design, development, implementation and evaluation of EMS and critical care education programs
• Determines organizational need for all course offerings based on historical data, current needs and identified trends
• A.Supports the Lead in the annual development of a comprehensive schedule of course offerings
• Schedules and confirms instructors for all course offerings to include an on-call or back-up plan for instructor no shows or late cancellations.
• Supports the development and maintenance of a pool of qualified associate and contract instructors.
• Secures and maintains appropriate equipment and supplies to support educational offerings utilizing an inventory system
• Promotes a healthy work culture that fosters an environment of trust and mutual respect among team members
• Presents, teaches and facilitates EMS and critical care educational offerings. Uses a variety of instructional techniques and interactive activities to meet the needs of the adult learner
• Supports the development of new markets for Training Center offerings to generate revenue
• Associate degree in healthcare field or current Registered Nurse (RN)
• Three years of recent clinical or clinical education experience
• Instructor certification(s) from AHA required
• Instructor certification (TNCC and/or ENPC) from ENA preferred (or eligible)
• Demonstrates competent teaching skills and the ability to engage an audience
• Demonstrates competency with AV equipment
• Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)