Lead, facilitate, and support continuous improvement activities for business processes globally through application and training of tools based in lean and six sigma principles.
1. Support divisions and subsidiaries through not only technical expertise but through hands-on application and focus on development of people.
2. Identify and support process improvement opportunities and activities focused on impacting business results throughout company both within and outside of manufacturing globally.
3. Serve the international subsidiaries via remote and onsite training, project facilitation, and provide technical resources as needed for Continuous Improvement tool application.
4. Lead Kaizen events at Corporate, Plants and subsidiaries as required.
5. Supplement domestic plant improvement teams with additional support for large continuous improvement projects.
6. Provide C.I. based facilitation, training and event follow up for other corporate divisions as needed.
7. Train, Implement, and Coach at a minimum the following Lean and Six Sigma Tools employed by the Continuous Improvement Team:
Value Stream Mapping A3 Policy Deployment and Team Communication
Quick Changeover Analysis Continuous Flow Cell Design
Plant Layout for Improved Flow Inventory Management Systems
Pull Systems (Kanban, etc.) Problem Solving Tools
Employee Engagement Systems 5S and Visual Controls
Quality at the source Total Productive Maintenance
Change management Process Capability Measurements
Gage R&R Design of Experiments
Training Within Industry Concepts Transactional process applications
Theory of Constraints
Not applicable to position.
Qualifications and Requirements
o Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Management
o Required Lean and/or Six Sigma certification.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
o 5 years in plant manufacturing, industrial engineering or technical manufacturing/design environment required. Application experience of Lean and/or Six Sigma improvements required, with experience in a facilitation or training role preferred.
o Should be competent in using personal computer applications including word processing, database management, project management, and spreadsheets. Skills in statistical analysis are a plus.
o This position may require up to 30% travel domestically and may require international travel twice per year.
o Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Other Qualifications/Requirements or Skills:
o Proven ability to multitask and carry various projects while working cooperatively with all major departments and global operations.
o Good organizational skills. Ability to manage projects, follow-up, and close open issues.
o Must possess mobility to work in both factory and office settings; to use standard office equipment, including computer; stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.