Reporting to the Distribution Center Manager, the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt will lead Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and mentoring others through their own projects. A proven Change Agent, the successful candidate will employ world-class Six-Sigma and Lean methodologies to drive Process Improvement and Cost-Reduction. In addition, the candidate will provide leadership and mentorship to other business associates, in order to foster the Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization. The belt will deliver presentations and training courses on Lean/Six Sigma, general problem solving tools and methodologies promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Deliver quantifiable process improvements and financial benefits across the operation by planning and executing various Lean & Six Sigma projects, achieving Cost Reduction Target with regular updates to Management.
- Foster Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization, by teaching Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies, mentoring and assisting other team members and by sharing Best Practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert and facilitator of kaizen events. Develops standard work around kaizen events and coordinates/leads as appropriate.
- Focus, through projects and mentoring others, on performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste & variation, improve customer satisfaction through the use of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Measures performance against process requirements, aligning improvement projects to close performance shortfalls. Identifies and manages resources, including cross-functional members, to successfully execute projects.
- Employs good change management techniques to facilitate change.
Knowledge and experience applying continuous improvement tools and methodologies.
3-5 years’ experience in fast-paced, time-sensitive, high volume distribution/warehouse operation required.
- Certified DMAIC Green Belt/ Lean Leader, with practical expertise in all relevant Lean and Six-Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Proven Change Agent, with demonstrated abilities and successes in influencing and in motivating at all levels of the organization.
- Expertise and experience in Project Management, Problem Solving and Team Development.
Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills and high level of proficiency with Minitab or equivalent Statistical package, proficiency with all Microsoft SW’s (Project, Excel, Visio, PP…)