Catalent Pharma Solutions (a Blackstone Group company) is a leading Drug Development, Advanced Delivery Technology and Supply partner to the global pharmaceutical industry. A Fortune 1000 company, with over 20 locations on 5 continents, we partner with 90 out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies and 44 of the top 50 biotech firms, as well as thousands of small innovator companies.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Catalent Operational Excellence team is comprised of key staff members charged with the responsibility of developing and imbedding skills and behaviors that will establish a sustainable continuous improvement culture within Catalent Pharma Solutions. Catalent’s Operational Excellence staff is responsible for deployment of skills and disciplines associated with LEAN Six Sigma across the Catalent enterprise. The Continuous Improvement Director role is a site-based position within the Operations function with the principle focus of continuous improvement. The Continuous Improvement Director is responsible for driving continuous improvement (CI) efforts at the site. Reporting to the General Manager / Site Leader (whichever is the Operations leader for the location) this person is a dedicated resource responsible for operational transformation through the use of LEAN, six sigma, and other advanced problem-solving tools. Typically, CI Directors drive improvement at large scale sites and are peer to the leadership team of directors. CI Managers drive improvement at smaller scale sites and are peer to the leadership team of managers. Both CI Director and Manager roles have some number of direct reports (usually 1-5 Black Belts) based on the size of the site and strategic goal within the Catalent network.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities throughout the organization by routinely studying the GEMBA, reviewing site metrics, gathering Voice of the Customer data, etc.
- Prioritize and select projects that leverage LEAN six sigma tools to drive improvements through the hierarchy of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Lead and/or support Operational Excellence projects that positively affect the business results of the site (S, Q, D, C, and Productivity)
- Engage teams to help establish a Continuous Improvement culture and execute advanced problem-solving activities
- Assist process-owners to champion projects through PDCA life-cycle from identification to sustain
- Work with process-owners to make data available for process improvements
- Coach and mentor LEAN Six Sigma Project Leaders to complete projects by identifying and eliminating barriers
- Model advanced problem-solving and LEAN Leader behavior and propagate that behavior at the local site level
- Design, develop, and deliver site-appropriate LEAN Six Sigma training
- Coordinate with Global and Regional Deployment Leaders regarding project status, issues and accomplishments
- Network and collaborate with other CI Leaders/Managers/Directors to share best practices
- Manage Black Belts within traditional reporting structure to include oversight of certification and career development
- Contribute to Black Belt candidate identification and selection, offer recruiting/promotion recommendations and conduct Performance Management for the positions directly reporting to this position Education
- BS or BA degree in Engineering, Business, Science or equivalent job experience is required.
- 7-10 years continuous improvement experience. 5-7 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience preferred with prior supervisory and management responsibilities.
- Must have experience with advanced problem–solving (LEAN six sigma) and change-management methodologies consistent with establishing a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated team leadership and project-management skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and drive results through others not under direct supervision
- Must be a results-oriented Change-Agent; a skilled facilitator adept at influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Able to work under deadlines and handle multiple and detail-oriented tasks
- Experience applying LEAN and six sigma techniques in a manufacturing and business environment. (Black Belt or LEAN Master Certification desired but not mandatory)
- Experience with data collection and reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and statistical analysis software (e.g. Minitab, JMP, etc.)
- The individual must have the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds. Be accessible to manufacturing floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and frequent use of computer monitor. Have strong analytical and problem solving skills, action oriented with ability to deliver timely and positive results. Must possess excellent oral and written presentation skills.
Catalent Pharma Solutions - 15 months ago
Catalyst + talent = Catalent. At least, that's the brand Catalent Pharma Solutions is using to try to ensure its customers'...