Continuous Improvement Leader
Pay Type: Salary, Exempt
Department: Quality Assurance
Leads process improvement teams and directs timely completion of projects that support critical business goals. Trains and mentors Lean practitioners & Green Belts in Continuous Improvement (CIP) tools and techniques, as well as provide CIP skill sets to
Continuous Improvement Processes (CIP)
Additional duties may be assigned
- Leads process improvement teams and directs timely completion of assigned projects that support critical goals and customer satisfaction requirements, and serves as the departmental point of contact for specific project initiatives and best practices.
- Trains, mentors, coaches, and challenges process owners in the use of Continuous Improvement (CIP) statistical tools, approaches and techniques to create process management and measurement systems and develop a continuous improvement mindset at the department
or process level.
- Develops and communicates business cases to support recommendations for change to current business practices and processes, and develops controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
- Develops excellent quantitative reasoning skill requirements for the company. Comfortable with math concepts; ability to use Minitab statistical tools; ability to understand and draw conclusions from raw statistical data.
- Develops Technical competence in DMAIC, Lean, and DFSS statistical tools and concepts. Works with process owners and business unit leaders to facilitate setting priorities, developing agendas and designing objectives related to continuous improvement
- Assists Project Sponsor and Business Unit Champions in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, increase net income, enhance productivity and further employee performance throughout the business unit.
- Works with Business Unit Champions, CIP practitioners and other leaders to ensure best practices are shared across the organization.
- Primary Lead for training process & methodologies
- Primary driver for process training activities
Consults with: General Mangement, Production Managers, Industrial Engineering Manager, Human Resource Manger.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expert level knowledge of lean methodology and Six Sigma principles.
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of electromechanical manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (B.S./B.A.) in Engineering, Science or other technical field and 7-10 years in Quality Assurance/Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma Specialist; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Approximately 10%, Domestic and International
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Regularly required to sit and walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Endress + Hauser Flowtec AG - 16 months ago