MISSION / SUMMARY:
He or she directs the Continuous Improvement Process for Graphic Packaging Inc.’s Des Moines plant. The main objectives are to improve the plant’s processes to ensure that cost/waste is driven from the system, and that our products are more competitive in the marketplace in order to support business growth. This involves the development, implementation and preservation of the Quality Management System, identification of improvement opportunities and implementation of their solutions, and facilitating the Continuous Improvement process to meet or exceed expectations and align with Graphic Packaging Inc. business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Meet and maintain all divisional Quality Management System objectives, including year over year defect/credit reduction, and Quality Management System implementation targets.
- Direct the activities, duties, and projects of the QC and Lab Technicians to assure compliance to customer specifications.
- Serve as the plant’s contact for customer complaints and customer compliance audits. Maintain reporting systems for internal and external complaints.
- Execute and manage Six Sigma, Process Improvement, and Lean projects. Track and report all financial validated savings through the Graphic Packaging Inc. Project Tracking Database.
- Communicate plant quality expectations and monitor performance relative to the objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively solicit input from all employees to aid in successfully accomplishing the above listed actions.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility product safety (GMP’s)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Must continually work to promote orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of companywide product stewardship standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.)
- Must facilitate and support GPI’s Continuous Improvement processes (LEAN, 5’s, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Six years experience in Quality Management, Engineering Management, Production Management and/or Project Management in a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- AIB/product safety experience a plus
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent practical experience (Minimum 2-year degree with 10 years of work experience in progressively more responsible positions)
- Must be a certified Six Sigma Black Belt or be willing to attain certification as part of the selection for this position.
- Participates in Six Sigma projects as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, track, execute and document multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, develop, implement, and document Quality Management System for maintenance and control of products and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar. MINITAB, SHAREPOINT, communications software desired.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to make reasoned decisions on actions to be taken based upon his/her knowledge and experience, with less than complete information on the current situation.
- The incumbent must take a strong position on well reasoned convictions, be uncompromising in the quest for quality of output whether it is a product, a service or an activity and above all act at all times in accordance with high principles, ethics and a sense of purpose.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- The incumbent will be exposed to the shop floor environment on a daily basis but, the majority of work is done in an office environment.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC. is proud to be an EOE-M/F/D/V committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...