We Have Something Special Inside, Do You?
If you answered yes to the above questions, apply now to join our team. We are growing fast and need you on our team!
- Are you a problem solver?
- Are you an agent of change?
- Do you want to use your brain, share your ideas and make decisions?
- Are you ready to help make the world healthier?
- Are you our next newest Danoner?
In this role you will be accountable for:
We are looking for someone with a passion for problem solving to find unique solutions to challenging problems and to drive change in the factory. Utilizing practical continuous improvement tools you will identify and address performance bottlenecks and find ways to run processes better and faster than we are today. Working with all levels of plant personnel and the North America continuous improvement network, you will lead the plant continuous improvement efforts with the goal to reduce losses, improve productivity and increase operator knowledge and engagement . You will train and mentor team members in lean production principles and techniques to help build a culture of standards and continuous day-to-day improvement which will ultimately lead to a favorable improvement in operational efficiency.
Our business cycle is extremely fast, and we want to keep it that way. Our Continuous Improvement team , tailors our continuous improvement methodologies, known as DaMaWay, to our teams to create long term performance improvement and improve overall operational efficiency. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We value flexibility and adaptability every day at Dannon, and we are always learning. If you like finding solutions and have knowledge to share, then join our team! If you work for us, you will be able to make an immediate impact. This position is full-time and located in our Minster, Ohio plant. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Long-Term Continuous Improvement planning & initiative implementation through collaboration with other plant functions (Production, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, etc)
- Loss and Waste Reduction planning and implementation
- Improving the KPI tracking, reporting and communication processes
- Capacity, Value Stream, and Gap Analysis
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with emphasis in mechanical, manufacturing and/or industrial or similar discipline.
- 8-15 years of experience working in a fast pace environment of a large national or multi-national company recognized as a leader in performance management (packaged good s , medical device, aerospace and automotive, …) in a lean manufacturing focused role.
- Established self management skills. Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- The ability to serve as a change agent who is able to “make it happen” while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
- Energy, resilience, determination, enthusiasm and strong analytical skills to challenge the status quo.
- Ability and willingness to initiate continuous improvement practices and training activities in the factory to improve operator skills and improve factory performance.
- The ability to rapidly access , analyze, and quickly resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Ability to maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Ability to balance daily “tactical" needs along with allocating time to “strategic” long-term, continuous improvement projects.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
- 2 to 5 years experience in the Dairy/Food/Beverage Manufacturing industry.
- Lean Certification from industry recognized provider, Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Proven ability to establish, optimize and maintain world-class maintenance programs, lean manufacturing, quality systems and other continuous improvement systems.
- Demonstrated experience using continuous improvement tools (such as Kaizen, pull systems, Autonomous Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, Focused Improvement, Rapid Change Over, error proofing, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why, Zoning, 5S,Total Quality Management, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, gap analysis, etc).
We are like no other yogurt company in North America. We have a vision: to double the size of our business to become a four billion dollar company in the next few years. And we’re well on our way—with Dannon holding firm as the 2012 yogurt category market share leader*! As part of The Groupe Danone, a world leader in the food and beverage industry, we offer a wide variety of fresh and frozen yogurt products. Our family of businesses includes Stonyfield/Brown Cow, Nutricia, YoCream, and Evian. We also believe we have something special inside. You can see it reflected in our products, in our way of doing business and in our global relationships. And most of all, you can see it reflected in our culture and our people. Our inspirational mission statement, which we live and breathe, is to bring health to the greatest number of people across America through our product’s numerous health benefits. One way we do this is through our dynamic and employee driven social responsibility program - we firmly believe that our jobs don’t just stop at the factory door - but go beyond to serve the community in which we live.
We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment which rewards those who perform. We invest in our Danoner’s futures by providing an array of opportunity for personal and professional development such as thorough training, tuition reimbursement, and gym reimbursement programs. To help all Danoners keep a balanced life, we offer a generous paid time off program which we encourage you to use!! And best of all, Danoners’ enjoy delicious and nutritious free yogurt! If this sounds amazing to you, apply now!
Stay updated with our latest job opportunities: Follow us on Facebook, http://on.fb.me/dannon-jobs
The Dannon Company is an equal opportunity employer.
The Dannon Company, Inc. - 16 months ago