MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace™—helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with providers including Cisco, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, HP, Apple, Dell and Lenovo. Headquartered in Cleveland, and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in personal systems, image and print, collaboration, borderless networks and support.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner in 2009, 2010,2011, and 2012, MCPc is recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work.
MCPc’s Continuous Support Engineering team is focused on the ongoing and continuous operation of the client environments entrusted to MCPc’s managed services organization. The team is comprised of well-rounded, highly trained and certified engineers with expertise in data center and infrastructure technologies including Microsoft servers and domains, virtualization (VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hypervisor), networking, security, and storage. Each managed service account is assigned a primary Continuous Support Engineer to oversee and own all technical aspects of the environment.
Overall Responsibility/Primary Objective of the Position :
The Continuous Support Engineer will act as the primary technical account manager for assigned managed service client environments from 2PM-10PM. They will work in coordination with the MCPc’s Operations Service Center, Client On-Premise Support, and Advanced Technology teams to deliver managed service offerings to our clients that exceed expectations. They will need to possess strong technical troubleshooting skills and communication skills to work with customers of varying technical skills and understanding. When necessary, they will work with onsite resources to resolve issues and coordinate efforts.
- Act as the lead technical resources for the managed services accounts assigned
- Ensure that the environment is properly documented and all MCPc knowledge management systems are up to date
- Provide tier 3 escalation assistance for client incidents
- Create preventative maintenance prescriptions with detailed instructions that tier 1 and tier 2 representatives in the Operations Service Center can reliably execute
- Work with Tier 1 & Tier 2 engineers to identify and resolve ongoing problems or potential problems
- Ensure proper installation and configuration of the monitoring and management tools necessary to properly care for the client environments
- Perform capacity and performance planning for client environments
- Evaluate and schedule appropriate response to schedule outage notifications
- Coordinate and manage upgrades and changes within the environment
- Root cause analysis of service outages
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support
Skills and Attributes Required :
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Proven technical expertise in Microsoft server technologies
- Proven technical expertise in server virtualization technologies (Microsoft Hypervisor, VMware, Citrix)
- Strong understanding of networking in a heterogeneous environment; Cisco networking experience required
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service
- Strong ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management
- Business professionalism
- Self-motivated and the ability to manage multiple priorities along with a strong work ethic required
- Strong project and time management skills
- 5-10 years working with Microsoft centric solutions
- Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
- Microsoft Server operating systems (all versions thru Server 2012)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Server patch management methodologies
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and Cisco strongly desired
- ConnectWise, N-able, Nagios, and LogicMonitor experience strongly desired
- 4-Year degree desired
MCPc, Inc. - 7 months ago