This is professional work supporting management with technical compliance and administration of various departmental projects.
An employee in this class performs an administrative function by developing and administering office systems; department operating and project budgets. Incumbents also perform specialized technical work in planning, coordinating and monitoring all phases of contract bidding and monitoring, and specification management for the section.
Responsibilities include coordinating the development, evaluation, award and administration of all contracts and in the collection of data necessary for the preparation and modification of these contracts. The design and contract review, feasibility studies, site plan review, status updates, activity scheduling and administration of current specifications for the section, developed internally and from outside contractors, is a key element of this classification. Administrative support responsibilities include facilitating professional and contractual support to personnel and other county departments, and in developing efficient department office systems, information processing, and all budgets. Work requires exercising considerable independent judgment and initiative in developing contract specifications, contract monitoring procedures, and ensuring the achievement of contract administration objectives. The financial consequences of error could be significant. Work is performed under the general supervision of the departmental management.
Minimum Qualifications • 6 years responsible experience in major procurement and contract administration; or
Highly Desirable Knowledge of contract administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or related field and 2 years experience as described above; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Knolwedge of Pinellas County Contract review processes and procedures.
Knowledge of medical equipment in pre-hospital care and/or pre-hospital patient care procedures.
Knowledge of Quality Assurance Review processes and procedures.
Paramedic certification - Preferred.
Masters in Business Administration - Preferred.
Work Performed • Coordinates the preparation and review of specifications for contracts and new or replaced equipment.
personnel regarding hardware and software needs.
- Plans, monitors and facilitates the progress of the section projects through contract review, bid process and all phases of contract completion.
- Provides follow-up and detail work to insure an orderly and effective program implementation, including the development of forms, procedures and training of individuals associated with the project.
- Establishes and maintains a complete specifications and code library for the section, keeping the section and its users advised at all times of contemporary standards applicable to section projects.
- Represents the section in matters related to specification compliance.
- Coordinates the review and inspection of contractual specifications for compliance.
- Prepares complex technical development and/or review of engineering specifications, scopes of work and contract amendments/change orders.
- Develop, monitor, mediate, implement contracts and their language through independent and coordinated efforts of users and departments.
- Monitor and facilitate the progress of projects through contract review, bid process and all phases of contract completion.
- Coordinates the section completion of assigned tasks with other departments, outside contractors and consultants, and representatives of government.
- Investigates and defines problem areas, conducts studies and prepares reports recommending solutions or courses of action related to contract administration or department operations.
- Prepares and monitors department operating and project budgets; projects financial needs of the section necessary to provide capital for project requirements.
- Plans, directs, and implements department automation of office systems, procedures, programs, and equipment; evaluates office automation systems and equipment needs; coordinates with other department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations controlling budgetary, fiscal, and contract procedures of county government.
- Coordinates personnel systems and activities for the section.
- May supervise subordinate technical and clerical employees engaged in supporting departmental administrative functions.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Selection Procedure: All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of automated information systems, office procedures, and data processing.
- Skill in interfacing effectively in a complex and dynamic work environment, verbally and in writing, with contractors, consultants, employees, other departments.
- Skill in good listening and communications.
- Skill to prepare clear and comprehensive technical reports, recommendations and proposals, verbally and in writing.
- Skill in preparing and monitoring complex, technical financial reports.
- Skill in reading and comprehending technical specifications, laws, and codes as they relate to contract administration.
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks and non-routine matters.
Pinellas County, FL - 30+ days ago