Under immediate supervision of the Director of Risk Management, the incumbent works with all subsidiaries providing a risk analysis on contracts, leases and other legal binding agreements per the procedures defined in ASRCs corporate governance matrix. |
1. Assist Director of Risk Management by providing a risk analysis on Requests for Proposals, bid proposals, contracts, leases and other documents that contractually bind ASRC or its subsidiaries. At a minimum, reviews shall compare the insurance and indemnity requirements of the contract(s) or other such documents against the terms and conditions of the corporate insurance program to determine the exposure the contract presents and the adequacy of the insurance program to protect the corporation from that exposure.
2. Interact with broker and/or insurer on day-to-day issues such as insurance applications and certificates of insurance.
3. Provide subsidiaries with a basic knowledge of the need for risk analysis of contracts, leases, etc. and their potential impact on the corporation.
4. Interact with and support Corporate Finance, Legal and subsidiaries as needed.
5. Assist Director of Risk Management with administration of the insurance and risk management program, including annual renewals, monthly dashboard reports and special projects.
6. Assist with various research requests.
7. Take responsibility for subordinates activities, makes self available to staff, provides regular performance feedback, and develops subordinates skills and encourages growth.
1. Bachelors Degree preferred.
2. Ten years experience with similar duties as an insurance broker or underwriter or in a risk management department.
3. Working knowledge of financial impacts of indemnification agreements, hold harmless agreements, limitation of liabilities, waivers of subrogation and general contract terms and conditions.
4. Ability to use Microsoft Word (word processing), Excel (spreadsheets), Power Point (graphics), Outlook and Access.
5. Must have knowledge of standard office equipment such as photocopiers, facsimiles, personal computers, and telephone systems.
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation - 18 months ago