Responsible for the administration of customer service issues, customer communications and customer requests and orders on a daily basis. Maintain and ensure integrity of all customer data in the business systems, including customer property, orders and associated dollars. Assure that all customer requests for quotes are properly managed in the PTS system. Responsible for maintaining and ensuring accurate backlog, orders, and market segmentation data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate and timely management of all sales order activity.
- Ensure all sales data is accurate and complete in order to maintain order, market and backlog reporting integrity including schedule and associated dollars.
- Responsible for raising export compliance concerns to the DECA or DECA backup when required.
- Serves as a central point of contact for customer inquiries. Provides customers with updated order and delivery status.
- Responsible for inputting data (RFQs, pricing, status, etc) into the PTS (Proposal Tracking System) and ensuring that all data is accurate and complete and up to date.
- Provides engineering with request for quote information required to initiate estimating process.
- Performs contract review and order acceptance process. Controls and maintains master contracts/ purchase order files.
- Assists with the configuration control process.
- Performs the EDI transaction conversion to the business system. Tracks changes in delivery dates, prices and handles terminations.
- Maintains customer information in the various business systems.
- Responsible for disseminating Terms and Conditions, special shipping instructions, configuration changes and quality requirements throughout the organization.
- Assists accounting with invoicing and collection issues.
- Review Customer Scorecards.
- Perform other duties as required by the business and as instructed by supervisor.
Schedule and Planning
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization and the customer.
- Must be able to communicate orally and/or in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, and/or work completion
- Must be able to follow complex instructions and/or directions. May require ability to decide on a course/sequence of action
- Must be able to schedule and organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks and functions.
- Minimal physical effort
- May be required to travel occasionally to customer premises or corporate office.
- Operate personal computer.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibility and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.
- Primarily work in office areas with exposure to shop floor.
- Generally responsible for the safety and clean up of own work area.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5 years related industry work experience.
- Solid understanding of military and commercial export compliance regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels in the organization, vendors and customers.
- Understanding of pricing models.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office and Access.
- Proven team-work capabilities and experience.
- Prior experience with Export Compliance and US Government Administration highly desired.
- Understanding of the Fourth Shift or Syteline ERP system.
- Able to handle and resolve customer complaints and problems and escalate when required.
- Willing and able to develop long-term relationships internally and externally.