Our client, a global business information company, is looking for a Contract Administrator. This is a long-term contract opportunity in Philadelphia, PA. |
Handle various drafting and negotiation requirements for all commercial, non-disclosure and agent agreements. Communicate and collaborate effectively with the sales team, customers, and downstream stakeholders; directly handling any significant contract discussions with customers. Answer queries from sales, management, finance and other stakeholders and respond in a timely and professional manner to ensure internal satisfaction is high. Develop and maintain a positive relationship with legal counsel and Compliance. Maintain and manage performance statistics, workflows and contract pipeline via the contract request system (eCRF) tool and contract databases. This includes follow up with internal and external clients on outstanding contracts. Manage and execute on professional development goals and individual SMART objectives. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT:
Our company is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science, and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.Intellectual Property & Science (“IP&S”) provides information and decision support tools for researchers, scientists and information professionals in the academic, government, corporate and pharmaceutical markets. We provide information and services that are essential for drug companies to create new drugs and get them to market faster, for researchers to find relevant papers and know what's newly published in their subject, and for businesses to optimize their intellectual property and find competitive intelligence.
DIVISION / GROUP/ ROLE:
This role is responsible for improvement of key business processes and improving the customer experience; thereby reducing sales time required to complete customer transactions will be a key aspect. This role will liaise with the global-based Contract Administration teams and other key global and local stakeholders to ensure that there is consistency across all IP&S locations. In addition, this individual will ensure that “control framework” is firmly rooted as part of the foundation of business practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
- College degree and negotiation of customer contract T&Cs required, appropriate work experience will be considered as appropriate substitution. IP and IT licensing knowledge is preferred.
- 4-5years direct experience in a contract, legal or procurement related position with a good knowledge of sales systems, processes and procedures.
- Excellent negotiation skills coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of compliance and basic legal knowledge.
- Logical thinker with excellent analytical skills.
- Good overall business knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Research skills.
- Good knowledge of sales processes.
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and performance. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Keen for new experiences, responsibilities and accountability. Team-player. Flexible to the ever changing needs of the business.
- Technical: Must be adept in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access; PowerPoint skills would be advantageous.
There's no mystery behind how Black Box does business. The company distributes and supports voice and data networking infrastructure....