The Centers of Excellence, Silicone Hydrogels and Biomedical Polyurethanes provide the foundation of DSM Biomedical Berkeley Business Unit - Medical Polymers.
Operations is part of DSM Biomedical, Medical Polymers Business Unit. This BU produces key ingredients and the final reactive monomer mix for the Ophthalmic Contact Lens industry. It also produces medical polymers (urethane technology) for the medical device industry as well as sub-assemblies for this same market. The production units consist in total of several production operations with a total production capacity over 200 tons annually.
Reporting to the Demand Supply Chain Manager, the Contract Administrator manages all contracts or DSM Biomedical including customer, supplier, building, service agreement, quality & research. The Contract Administrator works in the Demand Supply Chain and is responsible for all contracts supporting the two Centers of Excellence and Operations in Berkeley. Works closely with Sales and Operations to store / maintain contracts and identify obligations for departments like Finance, Centers of Excellence, Purchasing, Customer Support in order to be compliant with the legal terms in the agreements. This person will build the database and support managing the information in existing contracts; will also initiate new agreements where appropriate like CDA/MTA’s (confidentiality and material transfer agreements) and supply agreements as well as raising the level of involvement to legal when appropriate for more complicated agreements.
Key Areas of Accountability / Responsibility
- Organize database to house business contracts.
- Initiate new contracts when requested by business for example CDA/MTA, when requested by purchasing for example supply/service agreements, when requested by facilities service/contractor.
- Maintain all current versions in database.
- Manage content of contracts, for example; informing finance for invoices & late fees, informing inventory regarding safety stock, inform appropriate party for escrow account and any additional content related issues.
- Develop a mechanism to manage Delegation Of Authority Process (DOAP) approval process
- Develop and publish report on current status and red flag soon to expire contracts to appropriate parties.
- Develop metrics for improving the process of contract execution
- Drive database development for optimizing contract management
Successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years business experience with at least 3 years of contract management responsibility. Experience can be replaced with relevant under-graduate degree. Strong preference for candidates with commercial paralegal or legal aid experience .
Additional requirements include: MS Office proficiency, specifically high level use of excel and ability to build pivot tables and detailed reports; strong organization skills, communication skills both oral and written, interpersonal skills, meticulous attention to detail.
The Procedure and Contact
Please apply online and send your CV & cover letter within two weeks of the publication date of this vacancy. The recruiter for this vacancy is Margaret Macedo, Director, HR.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...