ITT Exelis Electronic Systems is seeking a Contract Administrator to administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts. The Contracts Administrator also examines estimates of materials, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. This position support the GTACS project with bid preparation; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information. Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. This may include all facets of subcontract administration, such as developing specifications and work statements; preparing bid packages; recommending subcontractors; selecting vendors and suppliers; and coordinating vendor/supplier visits and writing awards. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or modifications
to all standard and nonstandard contracts in support of sales activities. Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties. Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations. May plan and participate in training of contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
Represents organization as prime contact on projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* 5+ years of direct experience.
* Experience in Contracts and Subcontracts required.
* Experienced in preparing fully compliant business proposals.
* Understanding and experience with the guidelines of the FAR/DFARS for compliance.
* Working knowledge and experience reviewing contractual documents to ensure they satisfy customer specifications and requirements while adhering to company policy and all applicable laws and regulations.
* Ability to work closely with technical leads and management in negotiation of standard contracts, subcontracts, confidentiality agreements, and teaming agreements.
* Ability to interpret contractual terms and conditions, examine performance requirements, delivery schedules and other contractual obligations to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to bid specifications or contractual terms.
* Experience in preparing formal correspondence, progress reports and various other reports to track deliveries.
* Experience preparing contract closeout documentation.
* U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Security Clearance.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
Minimum Education Requirements
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required
ITT Exelis - 12 months ago