Great opportunity to support federal government client on Northern Virginia project. Project will offer “cradle to grave” contract administration experience. Contract complexity will present varying degrees of risk to the Company. Contract actions will be both routine and non-routine and will require application of Jacobs’ policies regard risk identification and management. Position requires the ability to identify and address high risk contract terms and conditions. Candidate will work with Jacobs’ Contract Management Group and interact with internal sales, operations and other support personnel as well as external clients.
Among other contract administration responsibilities, the contract professional will:
Training and Experience
- Review RFPs and new contracts and contract modification terms/conditions and scopes of services to identify areas of potential risk to the company, such as ambiguities and conflicts between the terms and the type of work.
- Participate in proposal preparation, contract negotiation and other client contract activities, such as deliverable preparation and timely submission.
- Assist Company legal counsel and project managers in mitigating identified risks by proposing revisions to contract terms.
- Review and process representations and certifications in request for proposals and new contracts.
- Verify contract pricing complies with RFP and contract requirements including any TINA requirements.
- Comply with Jacobs Standard Operating Policies/Procedures and Contract Management processes.
- Maintains orderly and up-to-date contract files.
- Minimal travel may be required.
7-10 years of federal prime contract administration experience required, BA or BS in business, finance or equivalent experience in related field. Contracts specific education, training, such as a NCMA CPCM-type certificate program a plus. Experience with architect/engineer industry or other professional services industry is desaired but not mandatory..Top Secret / DOD Clearance required
Other Essential Functions
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulations and various agency supplements.
- Be well motivated, goal oriented, have attention for details, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience with architect/engineer, construction industry or other professional services industry (but not mandatory)
- Possess ability to analyze contract terms and effectively communicate findings to Sales, Operations and Management personnel.
- Understand the business ramifications of contract terms and conditions.
- Possess ability to administer multiple action items on a daily basis ensuring deadlines are met.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Email).
At a minimun the contract administrator must be physically fit to work on construction site.
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
Jacobs - 9 months ago
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...