Current Janus employees - please apply through My Janus
- If you are a returning applicant, please log-in to your account in thePrevious Applicantssection below. This will allow you to review your current application information & resume and make any necessary updates before applying for a job posting. You will not have the ability to update this information or attach an updated resume once you''ve applied for a job posting. *
Location: US - Denver, CO
Last updated: 4/9/13 2:13 PM
Janus is a global investment management firm with the trust and respect of more than four million shareholders, clients and institutions, and with more than $164 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2012). Our product offerings include investment strategies across fixed income, as well as growth, mathematical and value equities. Janus has always been passionately inquisitive and independent in our pursuit to identify better investment opportunities for our clients. If there's one thing that we've uncovered throughout our 40 year history, it's that our unique culture of discipline and independence helps drive our clients' success. Janus is in business to help our investors achieve their financial goals and realize their dreams, and we believe the most effective way to do so is to work together to deliver strong, consistent long-term investment performance and exceptional service. We are deeply committed to our mission to deliver better outcomes for our clients through the disciplined pursuit of independent ideas.
The Contract Administrator role is responsible for buy side contract execution including preparing, drafting, and processing contracts, communications, and other documents. Reviews, analyzes, negotiates, and executes contracts. Communicates contractual rights and obligations and provides clarifications of contract terms and conditions to business clients. Performs complex legal research, compiles related data, and provides counsel to business regarding contract execution. Assists in maintaining corporate global contract records and databases.
Ensures accuracy of agreements, modifications, amendments, renewals and extensions.
- Reviews and analyzes incoming contracts, develops and drafts comprehensive legal and business contractual terms, and negotiates and coordinates the execution of contracts. *Applies knowledge and corporate policies to minimize contractual risk.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned.
- Provides active, creative, and business oriented solutions related to contract drafting, negotiation, review, and execution.
- Executes policies and procedures that control, centralize, and streamline the contracting process.
- Executes contract processing, including summarizing and tracking key contract terms, and performing contract follow- up activities as required.
- Researches a variety of issues that may be complex in nature, and provides clients with relevant information to aid in the decision making process.
- Assists in organizing and maintaining all contract files and databases.
- Works closely with related business teams and clients in the execution of duties.
- May provide guidance and direction to lower level staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with legal concepts such as intellectual property rights, limitation of liability, indemnification, warranties, confidentiality, etc.
- Understanding of licensing, marketing, purchasing and various service agreements helpful
- Ability to draft initial or alternative contract language and effectively negotiate modifications to standard contractual provisions with vendors and business clients preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow complex instructions and processes
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Three years corporate paralegal experience required, specifically in contract execution
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Some formal training in negotiation techniques preferred
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position.
- Overtime may be required on short notice and may include weekend/evening/holiday hours
- General office equipment such as PC, telephone, fax machine, scanner, copier, etc.
- PC usage up to 80% of the time
Janus/INTECH is an EOE / Affirmative Action employer
Janus Capital Group - 21 months ago
Named after the Roman god with two faces, Janus Capital Group provides investment management and advisory services for institutional and...