Our client, a well-established biotechnology company located in Carlsbad, CA has a long-term, temporary,
8-month opportunity for an experienced Contracts Administrator / Paralegal that will start in May of 2014.
This world-renowned company offers an extensive range of products and services, from instruments to everyday lab essentials, ensuring quality and performance for every lab, every application. Customers in more than 180 countries count on them in their quest to improve life in meaningful ways.
- Draft, evaluate, and negotiate to execution various technology transfer agreements (e.g., confidentiality/nondisclosure, material transfer, consulting services and similar)
- Be able to draft agreement using contracts automation software (ContractExpress) or from Word templates (we will train on ContractExpress, but applicants must be comfortable with software)
- Act as point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters to ensure timely review and approval / reconciliation of contract modifications.
- Provide redlined recommendations and negotiate directly with external customer; work with internal counsel and tech transfer manager as required.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation using two legal databases (eCounsel, iManage)
- Provide guidance as needed on contract matters to internal customers, including training to employees on contracting practices and procedures, and ContractExpress software.
- Ability to learn and use various software programs (some are still in development) and databases essential.
- Comfortable negotiating contractual provisions with scientists, attorneys and business teams.
- Knowledge of contracting practices.
- Knowledge of standard contracts provisions (prefer experience with intellectual property agreements.
Education: Bachelors degree preferred, or a minimum of 3 years experience as a Contracts Administrator or Paralegal with contracts administration responsibilities.
Schedule : Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; 8 month temporary assignment.
Pay range : $29.00-$31.42 per hour.
Qualified applicants please submit all resumes in WORD format and include email and phone contact information. Due to the high volume of responses, only those who meet the qualifications listed above will be considered. Thank you.
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard