The Contract Administrator in this position will primarily support global initiatives for Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. In such role and under the supervision of attorneys in the Business Affairs Department, the Contract Administrator will be primarily responsible for the following, as well as other specific projects that arise in connection with the support of the Lucas Companies.
Technology Transactions and Policy Enforcement:
• Manage workflow for all global, cross company technology vendor relationships and agreements for the Business Affairs Department.
• Responsible for drafting, negotiating and administering global, cross-company technology deals.
• Manage software distribution clearance, licensing and related legal compliance matters.
• Manage best practices and legal clearance and compliance for company sponsored open source software projects and contributions to non-company sponsored projects.
General Global Compliance and Training:
• Assist with maintaining policies, training, management and enforcement programs in the following areas: anti-bribery and corruption; general global security and intellectual property protection; general technology and open source; and the patent program.
• Administer all aspects of patent prosecution for the Lucas Companies from filing of the patent application with the USPTO to issuance.
• Assist with setting patent strategy and managing patent program accordingly, including purchase, licensing, sale and enforcement of patents.
• Assist with patent litigation and disputes.
External Production and Compliance:
• Manage workflow and oversee drafting, negotiating and administering of standard agreements and assist with drafting, negotiating and administering of strategic agreements related to the global initiatives of the company in connection with production and related technology needs.
• Oversee background due diligence and ongoing compliance expected of third party global production vendors.
• Oversee management and general work flow in this area for the Business Affairs Department.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelors Degree preferred
• Paralegal and/or Contract Administration certificate a plus.
• Minimum 4-7 years experience as a lead corporate paralegal/contract administrator at a major international law firm (domestic/foreign) that handles companies with multiple corporate entities.
• Notary a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies:
• Strong experience in drafting agreements and legal correspondence required.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to perform routine work with excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with a strong sense of responsibility and follow-through.
• Must be service oriented and be able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of an organization, outside clients, and vendors.
• Must work well under pressure within an extremely fast-paced, multi-project, tight deadline environment.
• Able to liaise with foreign counsel and internal departments (e.g. finance, tax, insurance, and real estate, etc.) on all of the above.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and contract administration data bases.
Lucasfilm - 20 months ago